Surfaces on bow of ship

Post by Al » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 01:39:51

Hi All,

I am trying to create my first ship. I am up to the
fo'cstle of the bow, and need to create a solid rail
but are having a few creative difficulties.

I have a few screenshots at:

http://www.lwg3d.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=77875#post77875

If anyone can help out and throw some advice
my way I would really appreciate it.

TIA

- AL

Surfaces on bow of ship

Post by Tesselato » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:18:23

Quote:> I have a few screenshots at:

> http://www.lwg3d.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=77875#post77875

Could you put the shots ona a site that isn't so slow?

Maybe it's just my routing or the time of day or something
but I get better times from poland and that's the slowest
on earth.   :P

1. ship model hull - from plan to surface: how?

Hi there,
I have the plan for a ship model's hull. It consists mainly of the
spants (sp?), and a definition of their position in space. (For the
not-so-maritime-readers: the spants are a kind of wire frame
description of a body's surface.)

How can I best translate this information into a renderable /
triangulable data set without too much interaction?

Thanks for y reply, if you send me a PM copy of your reply to the
board, I thank you for that extra effort ...

Ulli

Dont flame me, I am only the keyboard player !

2. New & Improved

3. Need ship models - Freighter, tanker, large commercial oceangoing ships for harbour project

4. FormZ stock model

5. Please help with placing decals on ship...DL image ship image 50k - Fighter.jpg (0/1)

6. Magellan input in OpenGL

7. Bow-tie polygons

8. Motif Programming

9. How can you draw a bow?