Network Rendering

Post by Espen Bliksta » Fri, 09 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to use lwsn.exe file?
I have tried "lwsn.exe -2 job1 ack1", but I think "ack1" is wrong.
Lightwave wont detect other CPU's.

Network Rendering

Post by Walter (J » Fri, 09 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>Subject: Network Rendering
>Date: Thu, 08 Feb 1996 13:42:30 +0100
>Does anyone know how to use lwsn.exe file?
>I have tried "lwsn.exe -2 job1 ack1", but I think "ack1" is wrong.
>Lightwave wont detect other CPU's.

There is a complete explanation in the manual.  The short answer is that you
probably don't have a complete path name (unless you are executing lwsn.exe in
the command directory).  You really need to read the manual on this one.  It
may not be enough, but once you do that, someone here will be better able to
help you out.

Studio 522 Productions           |http://www.primenet.com/~wturber
http://www.studio522.com         |ftp.primenet.com/users/w/wturber
Hey!!  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  We have our new Studio 522 URL!!

Network Rendering

Post by Slaven Rad » Sat, 10 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>Does anyone know how to use lwsn.exe file?
>I have tried "lwsn.exe -2 job1 ack1", but I think "ack1" is wrong.
>Lightwave wont detect other CPU's.

Make sure you use full filenames, with the path included.
As in  lwsn.exe -2 n:\sn\job1 n:\sn\ack1   where n: is the
letter of your network drive which each computer can see.
ack1 is okay, just make sure it's got the same number as the
job parameter and don't assign the same number to any two
machines.

Slaven.
ArtArtArt Directory -- listing of Canadian and International Artists

Toll free in Canada: 800-669-5188 -- Outside of Canada: 604-384-3766

Network Rendering

Post by Frank Aalbe » Sun, 11 Feb 1996 04:00:00

 EB> Does anyone know how to use lwsn.exe file?
 EB> I have tried "lwsn.exe -2 job1 ack1", but I think "ack1" is wrong.
 EB> Lightwave wont detect other CPU's.

Normaly there is a batchfile inluded with screamernet . For every station
you have to use fifferent numbers . job1 ack1 , job2 ack2 , etc ...

Be sure the all look at the same commands network directory .

Frank Aalbers

1. Searching 3D-Rendering-Tool(Linux) for network-rendering

Hello,

I own Linux since 4 months. I'm very interested in rendering over a
network.
Is there any program under Linux or Unix which makes this possible?
Is it for free? Where can I get it?
And where can I get example-sceens to test it?
Which modeller is the best to construct sceens for it?

Hope someone can help me:-)

        Tom:-)

2. text color in Cool 3D

3. Maya 5 mouse issues on Linux

4. can you render avis in a network render?

5. Please HELP! Info on chips for texture mapping needed.

6. ULTIMATE list of Render Farm Network Rendering Tools for Maya

7. bmp, pcx, gif, tif

8. Network Rendering

9. Network rendering for POV

10. Network rendering NT -> Win95

11. Ann:Fix: Network Rendering utility for different platforms...

12. Ann: Network Rendering utility for different platforms...