Cloning Hierarchies in Layout

Post by ab » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 01:24:01

Is there a way for LW 7.5 copy copy/clone a selection of objects. I have an
object with several parented objects, bones, etc. Now I'd like to make a copy of
it in Layout. How do I do it?

The Spreadsheet functions somewhat but the hierarchies do not copy.

Cloning Hierarchies in Layout

Post by Chris Brizo » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 01:26:57

load items from scene. Which means you have to save a "special" scene with
everything all together and parented, then you load everything from that
scene into your new one (actually works better than copy/paste). It's a good
idea when creating those setup scenes, to parent everything normally, then
parent to a null, so you can easily move it about, rotate, scale etc. in the
actual scene you'll take it into

--

Sincerely,
Chris Brizon

Quote:> Is there a way for LW 7.5 copy copy/clone a selection of objects. I have
an
> object with several parented objects, bones, etc. Now I'd like to make a
copy of
> it in Layout. How do I do it?

> The Spreadsheet functions somewhat but the hierarchies do not copy.

Cloning Hierarchies in Layout

Post by Deuc » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 01:32:07

LightWave comes with an LScript called "Clone Heirchy".
Look in your LScript/Utility folder.

~~Deuce

> load items from scene. Which means you have to save a "special" scene with
> everything all together and parented, then you load everything from that
> scene into your new one (actually works better than copy/paste). It's a
good
> idea when creating those setup scenes, to parent everything normally, then
> parent to a null, so you can easily move it about, rotate, scale etc. in
the
> actual scene you'll take it into

> --

> Sincerely,
> Chris Brizon
> www.hades-studios.com
> (remove "yourinhibitions" to reply)
> --

> > Is there a way for LW 7.5 copy copy/clone a selection of objects. I have
> an
> > object with several parented objects, bones, etc. Now I'd like to make a
> copy of
> > it in Layout. How do I do it?

> > The Spreadsheet functions somewhat but the hierarchies do not copy.

1. Massive cloning in Layout?

Hello;

I am trying to run arrays of textured shipping containers on a yard
(about (9x6x4)x152) for a highly detailed rendering of a shipping
terminal in Lightwave 3D 7.5, running on OS 10.2.6.

Thing is, I can't seem to get this to work.  I can't do this in
Modeler, since Modeler treats objects with the same surface name as
one contiguous surface, so textures sized for one container will tile
awkwardly across the mass of containers, which are supposed to be
slightly irregularly spaced horizontally within the stacks, but even
if they're evenly spaced, the edges of the textures still wind up
running down the middles of some of the visible containers.

Cloning seems to work only on a single object in Layout, which is
rather inconvenient, considering I have to show approximately 9,298
containers in the yard.  Unless there's a way to get cloning to work
on null objects and their children, this is going to be unworkable.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

----
Scott Elyard
(I'm starting to wish I'd started this project in maya instead, but
anyway...)
www.archosaur.org

2. VisA/Vis4

3. Clone objects and hierarchy in layout... ?

4. Copyright

5. Cloning parented groups of objects in Layout

6. Line art problem

7. clone tool - clone from all layers?

8. HELP Please: Saving in Layout Crashes Layout

9. mini tutorial: layout for sculpting / gutes layout fürs sculpt tool

10. 7th RFD: comp.games.development.* hierarchy

11. 6th RFD: comp.games.development.* hierarchy

12. RFD: comp.games.* hierarchy