Who knows LW[6]Mac ETA?

Post by Tiggere » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know the estimated time of arrival for the Mac version of [6]. And
better yet would anyone dare to dream that it wouldn't crash and burn regularly
as all past Mac versions tend to?

Someone please give me some hope! I love my Lightwave and my Mac. I'm getting
2 screamin' G4s with Media 100 suites. I'm sneaking lightwave into the package.

Newtek.... please make the Mac version not suck. Our NT version of 5.6 seems
more stable but working with "Bill" gives me the willies.

Who knows LW[6]Mac ETA?

Post by Chuck Bake » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> Does anyone know the estimated time of arrival for the Mac version of [6].

We're trying to make the releases concurrent, if possible, but it's
likely that we'll end up with Mac out about a month after Intel.  We'll
have major optimizing for the platform in the L[6] release, including
100% Carbon compliance and support for the Altivec Velocity Engine.

Chuck Baker -- NewTek, Inc.
Director, Customer Support and Services
http://www.newtek.com/frameset_support.html

Who knows LW[6]Mac ETA?

Post by ChaseDo » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00

<< We'll
have major optimizing for the platform in the L[6] release, including
100% Carbon compliance and support for the Altivec Velocity Engine. >>

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I'll wait an extra month for L[6] for improved
stability. L[6] on Mac OS X [10], who could ask for anything more? Including
those of you asking for L[6] on BeOS. I'm positive that L[6] on the Mac will be
outstanding due to the implementation of Carbon compatability and Altivec
support (for G4 users). Now if Apple will just release that damn dual G4
"mystic" box.

1. convert MAC graphic to PC (formerly known as "MAC PS TO Win 95)

Hi, I recently got a neat Epson PC camera for the MAC,  However, I
couldn't figure out how to save a picture in photoshop (as what- BMP?)
and then give it to a friend who has Windows 95.  I used one of her
disks to save it to and I was able to eventually bring it up but it
was teeny and acted like a postscript file in that when I tried to
make it larger, it became only huge pixels.  What is the best way to
save it in MAC photoshop and what program should I bring it up in on
her side (word - as an object? paintshop? printshop? hallmark
connections? unzip?- it did come up as a resource fork but I was
unable to go any further with it, not knowing where to go from there)
Thanks! Wendy

2. WindowsME

3. Mac LW vs. Win LW

4. light settings

5. LW on Mac different from LW-PC?

6. no "color replacer"?

7. eta povray 3.0 ?

8. FormZ?

9. ETA on Permedia3

10. question: ETA (easy to answer ;-)

11. ETA: Next version of PageMaker

12. Does anyone know the price of LW 6.0?