Scene mover plug-in?

Post by Bob Ocegued » Mon, 15 Sep 1997 04:00:00

On the Amiga platform, there's a set of macros called "Power Macros" and
one of them that I found very usefull was the "Scene mover".  It can
move a scene to a designated folder with all the objects and images
included and re-writes the path to all the components.  Very handy.

Is there anything like that for the DEC Alpha or Intel version of  LW?

Thanks.

Bob

Scene mover plug-in?

Post by Mark Fletche » Mon, 15 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> On the Amiga platform, there's a set of macros called "Power Macros" and
> one of them that I found very usefull was the "Scene mover".  It can
> move a scene to a designated folder with all the objects and images
> included and re-writes the path to all the components.  Very handy.

> Is there anything like that for the DEC Alpha or Intel version of  LW?

Yep. The Power Macros package, including the scene mover plugin, has
been ported to Intel LW. Go to http://www.cinegraphics.net for the info.
It's
now called Power Plugins and includes some new plugins.

Mark

Scene mover plug-in?

Post by Gary Tabar Jr » Mon, 15 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Yeah I miss scene mover alot.. great for making zipped stuff for other
people...
gonna have to get my amiga emulator running on the pc I guess...

--
    /|  /  ___  /            /   ___    /  Gary Tabar Jr,

Quote:> On the Amiga platform, there's a set of macros called "Power Macros" and
> one of them that I found very usefull was the "Scene mover".  It can
> move a scene to a designated folder with all the objects and images
> included and re-writes the path to all the components.  Very handy.

> Is there anything like that for the DEC Alpha or Intel version of  LW?

> Thanks.

> Bob

Scene mover plug-in?

Post by DavidH17 » Wed, 17 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>Subject: Re: Scene mover plug-in?

>Date: 14 Sep 1997 23:58:46 GMT

>Yeah I miss scene mover alot.. great for making zipped stuff for other
>people...
>gonna have to get my amiga emulator running on the pc I guess...

Hi Gary,

The PowerMacro Move Scene , along with the entire set of PowerMacros, has
been ported to the PC and is available now.
Check out  http://www.cinegraphics.net

Dave

Scene mover plug-in?

Post by Jarrod Robers » Wed, 17 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> On the Amiga platform, there's a set of macros called "Power Macros" and
> one of them that I found very usefull was the "Scene mover".  It can
> move a scene to a designated folder with all the objects and images
> included and re-writes the path to all the components.  Very handy.

> Is there anything like that for the DEC Alpha or Intel version of  LW?

> Thanks.

> Bob

Using 'relative' paths buy changing the content directory is the
best way to make this work.

Use a sub-directory structure and point the content directory
to the top level. Then when you zip up the contents with paths
no matter where you put the resulting zip contents on the target
machine it is just a matter of pointing the content directory
at the proper directory. No plugins needed.

Scene mover plug-in?

Post by DavidH17 » Thu, 18 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>>Subject: Re: Scene mover plug-in?

>Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 23:51:37 -0400

>> On the Amiga platform, there's a set of macros called "Power Macros" and
>> one of them that I found very usefull was the "Scene mover".  It can
>> move a scene to a designated folder with all the objects and images
>> included and re-writes the path to all the components.  Very handy.

>> Is there anything like that for the DEC Alpha or Intel version of  LW?

>> Thanks.

>> Bob

>Using 'relative' paths buy changing the content directory is the
>best way to make this work.

>Use a sub-directory structure and point the content directory
>to the top level. Then when you zip up the contents with paths
>no matter where you put the resulting zip contents on the target
>machine it is just a matter of pointing the content directory
>at the proper directory. No plugins needed.

The other useful aspect of "Move Scene" is that you dont have to remember
where or what version of an object or surface you used in a particular
scene. I don't miss the "oops I forgot this one object" feeling when you're
on a dealine to finish a job. Although I love the content directory it
doesn't remember which objects to include in your scene, just where they
"should" be if you remembered to put them there. Just a thought.

Dave

1. Scene Mover

Yes there is such a utility by Dynamic Realities called "stripper". It's
primary purpose is for backup and file transfer for all elements of your
lightwave scene. For more information, please visit:

www.dynamic-realities.com

Anupam Das
Programmer/Animator
Dynamic Realities

2. Netscape 1.1 Backgrounds

3. LW Scene Mover

4. Glowing effect for text?

5. SceneGenie match-mover plugin

6. How to rotate camera around origin???

7. World Movers

8. EPS Mover 1.0.2 Released

9. Mover y cambiar el tama?o a un textbox usando el mouse

10. Como eu fa?o para mover apenas a chaleira

11. How create realistic people in the scene without plug-ins and geometry

12. load scene with Plugin