I need advice Part 2: Sasquatch vs Shave&Haircut

I need advice Part 2: Sasquatch vs Shave&Haircut

Post by Ender Capell » Fri, 25 May 2001 00:03:08

Hi all,

Some time ago there were long threads discussing the subject with no final
answer or at least a distinct preference for one product or the other. Price
is identical. I already use Worley products and they perform well. Basically
I want to decide on 2 factors: 1) how easy to use and 2) how easy the
workflow.

Anyone use using both or either one of these basically two great products
can comment and recommend based on my 2 criteria?

Thanks in advance for all the help you are willing to provide.
Best Regards,

Ender
----

OMNIS SOFITEC S.A. - 5, rue Eugne Ruppert - B.P. 2705 - L-1027 Luxembourg

Tl.: (+352) 40 38 38-200 - Fax: (+352) 40 38 38-520 - http://www.sofitec.lu

----

begin 666 Andr Capelli.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..D-A<&5L;&D[06YD<ND[.TUR

M148[24Y415).150Z8V%P96QL:4!S;V9I=&5C+FQU#0I2158Z,C P,3 U,C-4

`
end

I need advice Part 2: Sasquatch vs Shave&Haircut

Post by Ender Capell » Sat, 26 May 2001 18:22:00

Hi Eric,

Nice to see someone who uses both packages. You depict very accurately the
feelings I had when I reviewed (in theory) both packages. There is no final
winner or a distinctive plug-in you must have. Given the fact you have both,
which one you most likely you use, unless you segregate passed on the length
of the hair you need ;-)

Thanks for your initial feedback and all additional feedback you are willing
to provide.
Best Regards

Ender

----

OMNIS SOFITEC S.A. - 5, rue Eugne Ruppert - B.P. 2705 - L-1027 Luxembourg
Tl.: (+352) 40 38 38-200 - Fax: (+352) 40 38 38-520 - http://www.sofitec.lu
----

> I find they both are about equal in workflow and ease of use.  Both have
> little nuances and things you have to remember to do and a certain order
you
> have to do things.  Sasquatch has more options to tweak, but Shave has
more
> uses now as new technologies are being implemented into it.  Sasquatch is
> better at short hair and fur, Shave is better at long hair dynamics.
> Sasquatch has some annoying little limitations...Shave has some annoying
> little limitations.  I'm glad I invested in both when they first came out.
> I paid a total of 500 dollars for Sasquatch and Shave & A Haircut.

> -- Eric S.

> > Hi all,

> > Some time ago there were long threads discussing the subject with no
final
> > answer or at least a distinct preference for one product or the other.
> Price
> > is identical. I already use Worley products and they perform well.
> Basically
> > I want to decide on 2 factors: 1) how easy to use and 2) how easy the
> > workflow.

> > Anyone use using both or either one of these basically two great
products
> > can comment and recommend based on my 2 criteria?

> > Thanks in advance for all the help you are willing to provide.
> > Best Regards,

> > Ender
> > ----

> > OMNIS SOFITEC S.A. - 5, rue Eugne Ruppert - B.P. 2705 - L-1027
Luxembourg

> > Tl.: (+352) 40 38 38-200 - Fax: (+352) 40 38 38-520 -
> http://www.sofitec.lu

> > ----

1. Sasquatch vs Shave and Haircut plugin

http://www.worley.com/sasquatch/sasquatch.html

I stumbled upon the above site, while I was going through the Japanaese Cg
sites

Anyone used Sasquatch? How does it compare to Shave and Haircut?

The results of Sasquatch look very impressive

CCJ

2. Cleaning-up ancient blueprints

3. Sasquatch or Shave and Haircut?

4. MacDraw to ClarisDraw curves ->Argh!