Help: animating a line along a spline

Post by Eric » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 02:06:25

Hello!

      I'm trying to find a way to animate(move) a line along a spline.
what I'm trying to do is write a scripted text. I can't use just a
reveal and the text must also move like a crawl. I know I could do it
the hard way (photoshop) but I may have to do a couples of animation.

Eric

Post by Seattle Eri » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 04:57:11

> Hello!

>       I'm trying to find a way to animate(move) a line along a spline.
> what I'm trying to do is write a scripted text. I can't use just a
> reveal and the text must also move like a crawl. I know I could do it
> the hard way (photoshop) but I may have to do a couples of animation.

> Eric

    What???

**  Look!  There's ARAT in the middle of "separate"!

Help: animating a line along a spline

Post by Prem Subrahmanya » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 06:06:36

you might want to check out Surface Effectors:

http://www.premdesign.com/surfeff.html

Post by Eric » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 07:21:37

>     What???

Sorry, my english is not very good :)

       What I'm trying to do is to get a text that seem to be writing
itself.
The text is scripted and the letters and words are always connected by
the "line" like this:

_______blabla_____blabla___bla

 The text, while it is writing itself, also crawl right from left and
the camera stay with the end of the line. I am trying to deform a line
(or tube) along a Illustrator path that I import in Lightwave.

Hope this is a little more clear :)

Eric

Post by Tesselato » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 09:54:26

> you might want to check out Surface Effectors:

> http://www.premdesign.com/surfeff.html

Yep,

Also check your favorite Comp App.  AE, Combustion, d'fusion, Aura(?), etc.,
they all have this ability with like no setup time.   If you need secondary
motion in the word/letters look to other functions in the comp app or clip
map the seq. onto a mesh in LW.

Note:  With the tracking functions in those comp apps and a little red
paint on the til of your pen and of coarse a video camera, I bet you
could pull off some really cool stuff.

Help: animating a line along a spline

And Acid from Worely.

--
Check out my Tutorials:

MD arts
Mark Dunakin

http://www.md-arts.com

"When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like Grandpa did,
not screaming like the passengers in his car."

1. Animating along a spline

Hi All,

I'm animating a plane along a spline doing all kinds of loops etc.

After putting a lot of work in the path, i thought i'd just do convert
from in the motion tab of the plane mesh and all would be well... No
such luck i'm afraid, the plane follows the spline however the nose of
the plane keeps point in one direction. This makes the plane move in a
very "UFO-technology build into a normal jet plane" manor.

Any clues on how to get the nose to follow the spline like it should??

Many thanks,

Sven

2. mgl opengl library examples

3. Help with orienting along a Spline's direction: (POV/POLYRAY)

4. No Posting Binaries-- NOT!

5. Help with facing along a spline:

6. Placing a name in my taskbar instead of an icon.

7. Help, conic/conic, conic/spline, spline/spline, intersections?

8. Need Help Animating Spline in 2.5

9. Extrude along a spline?

10. Flowing text along a spline.

11. particles along a spline

12. Problems with Path Deform along a spline