Cars and Trucks

Post by Thomas van den Ber » Sun, 14 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi to all good modellers!!

I have just bought LW5.5 a week ago (first used LW5.0 from my uncle for
fun)
but i'm not (yet) very good in modelling, I watched some objects from the
CD
and found some cool cars and trucks, my question is, how do they (you) make

them??? With metaform?? Or just beveling and moving??? And do you start
with a box with more segments or just 1???

I've been trying for hours now and get sick of it. Sometimes i get some
"nice"
cars using metaform, but then you get very natural cars and I don't want
that!

Please help me!!!
Thomas van den Berg

Cars and Trucks

Post by Thomas van den Ber » Tue, 16 Sep 1997 04:00:00

 Hi to all good modellers!!

 I have just bought LW5.5 a week ago (first used LW5.0 from my uncle for
fun)
 but i'm not (yet) very good in modelling, I watched some objects from the
CD
 and found some cool cars and trucks, my question is, how do they make
them???
 With metaform?? Or just beveling and moving??? And do you start
 with a box with more segments or just 1???

 I've been trying for hours now and get sick of it. Sometimes i get some
 "nice" cars using metaform, but then you get very natural cars and I don't
want
 that!

 Please help me!!!
 Thomas van den Berg

Cars and Trucks

Post by Thomas van den Ber » Fri, 19 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Thank you, i'm less frustrated now!!

> On 15 Sep 1997 16:47:37 GMT, "Thomas van den Berg"

> > Hi to all good modellers!!

> > I have just bought LW5.5 a week ago (first used LW5.0 from my uncle for
> >fun)
> > but i'm not (yet) very good in modelling, I watched some objects from
the
> >CD
> > and found some cool cars and trucks, my question is, how do they make
> >them???
> > With metaform?? Or just beveling and moving??? And do you start
> > with a box with more segments or just 1???

> > I've been trying for hours now and get sick of it. Sometimes i get some
> > "nice" cars using metaform, but then you get very natural cars and I
don't
> >want
> > that!

> > Please help me!!!
> > Thomas van den Berg

> Patience, Thomas. It took people a long time to get that
> good with LightWave. You might stop guessing your time away
> and start with the tutorials that came with your new
> program. That way you can actually create something before
> you become frustrated.

> But if you're really serious....hours, days, weeks, years.

> dp

> Know what happens when you append a dozen of your last email spammers to
a sig?

> *ism.

1. Trucks and Cars

I am looking for a few trucks, rigs, or cars that detailed enough to use
in a project that someone i know is working on.

So if you have any or know where any good ones are please let me know
where and name i can get them.  I am in dire need for them.

Thanx,
        Christopher Kirby

2. Computer Graphics Contests

3. looking for 3d object: seatbelt and some other car accesories like car doors

4. editor for Johnson-Grace ART files...

5. Looking for car/truck/lane/etc. descriptions useful for GL

6. please let me know...

7. Truck turning patterns

8. How can I save an unfinished selection?

9. Truck icon

10. Little Red Truck

11. Requesting Semi-truck model

12. WANTED: CLIP ART FTP SITE/ MONSTER TRUCKS PICS

13. Mack truck logo gradient