DIGISUITE FULL, TARGA 3000 or wait next product release of MATROX???

DIGISUITE FULL, TARGA 3000 or wait next product release of MATROX???

Post by Valter Silveir » Mon, 07 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi all

I'm from Brazil.
I got a Digisuite Full, 2 years ago and I need another edit system.
I'd like of Targa 3000, but I don't know if this hardware is a good choice,
because this,
I don't know if wait for next Matrox product be release or buy a Targa 3000.
I need of REALTIME feature so much.
What's your choice guys?

Excuse my english, I do my best possible

PS.: If this newsgroup is don't appropriate for this question, please tell
me where can I post it. thx very much.

Valter Silveira

DIGISUITE FULL, TARGA 3000 or wait next product release of MATROX???

Post by VideoTip » Mon, 07 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Check into the Play Trinity or DPS Velocity 3D.. I would wait a year if you
can, the HDTV version of the DPS Velocity will be out by then!

Quote:> Hi all

> I'm from Brazil.
> I got a Digisuite Full, 2 years ago and I need another edit system.
> I'd like of Targa 3000, but I don't know if this hardware is a good
choice,
> because this,
> I don't know if wait for next Matrox product be release or buy a Targa
3000.
> I need of REALTIME feature so much.
> What's your choice guys?

> Excuse my english, I do my best possible

> PS.: If this newsgroup is don't appropriate for this question, please tell
> me where can I post it. thx very much.

> Valter Silveira

DIGISUITE FULL, TARGA 3000 or wait next product release of MATROX???

Post by Jean-Eric Henaul » Tue, 08 Aug 2000 04:00:00

You could also consider the NewTek Video Toaster for Windows NT. It's
very cheap compared to the DigiSuite, and it seems a lot faster than
the DigiSuite or other solutions of its kind.  And it works directly
with LW too...

The only down side I can see for the Toaster is the lack of 3rd party
support, unlike the DigiSuite who has tons of software packages with
drivers directly linked to the hardware. With the Toaster you're stuck
with Speed Razor or the Toaster interface. On the DigiSuite you can
choose the package you want, like the very powerful Discreet Edit for
example. NewTek needs to work on its 3rd party support... :-) Speed
Razor is good, but there is much better out there...

I'm particularly impressed with what Aura can do in real-time. I
haven't seen anything else touch it yet, perhaps a Flame or Inferno,
but nothing for the price of the Toaster, and even 4-5 times the
price...

During Siggraph, NewTek showcased Aura play-back 9 layers of D1-quality
video with transparency settings in real-time. Of course, that was a
demo, but still, it sounds impressive.

If you have a chance, arrange to see a demo, you won't regret it...

Jean-Eric Hnault

> Check into the Play Trinity or DPS Velocity 3D.. I would wait a year
if you
> can, the HDTV version of the DPS Velocity will be out by then!

> > Hi all

> > I'm from Brazil.
> > I got a Digisuite Full, 2 years ago and I need another edit system.
> > I'd like of Targa 3000, but I don't know if this hardware is a good
> choice,
> > because this,
> > I don't know if wait for next Matrox product be release or buy a
Targa
> 3000.
> > I need of REALTIME feature so much.
> > What's your choice guys?

> > Excuse my english, I do my best possible

> > PS.: If this newsgroup is don't appropriate for this question,
please tell
> > me where can I post it. thx very much.

> > Valter Silveira

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

DIGISUITE FULL, TARGA 3000 or wait next product release of MATROX???

Post by Kevin F Stubb » Tue, 08 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> With the Toaster you're stuck
> with Speed Razor or the Toaster interface.

Not any more. While it is true there still isn't a huge range of other
software you can use, it is now possible to use the Toaster with After
Effects courtesy of a 3rd party AE plugin (RTV I/O After Effects plugin
written by Bob Tasa currently available from Safe Harbor), Digital
Fusion 3.0 has native support from the Toaster and there is an Adobe
Premiere plugin under development by Bob Tasa. I have a dual standard
PAL Toaster and I like it a lot. When the new Toaster 2.0 software suite
is released, I am going to be even happier :-)

Regards

Kevin F Stubbs
Kayef Select Limited

DIGISUITE FULL, TARGA 3000 or wait next product release of MATROX???

Post by Valter Silveir » Wed, 09 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Humm.... cool

Video Toaster... :)
 I worked with video toaster on AMIGA a long time ago :)
But Jean, like you said, the lack of 3rd party is a down side to me too.
I'm particularly interested in the Matrox product, just if them launch a new
NLE
to fight with Targa 3000.

AURA IN REALTIME is very amazing man!!!
WOW Flame and Inferno take care!!! Aura is coming hehe ;)

Thanks a lot

PS.: excuse my gramar