This may sound as a newbie question when really i'm not actually a newbie :)

This may sound as a newbie question when really i'm not actually a newbie :)

Post by Eric » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:10:49

Hi,

Everytime i made i scene with lightwave i rendered it out and went over to a
new scene. I have never ever wanted to render more then one scene at once
(in a queue) so i never really looked into it to find out if lightwave has
such a feature. But times change and so do i, so now i want to place all my
scene files in a queue , hit the render button and just sit and wait untill
everything is all rendered out.

My guess was that screamernet was the way to go , so i added some scene to
the list and hit the "screamer render" button. This is what it said "No
available screamerNet CPU's were detected". Why won't it render on my single
CPU processor (don't have a network). Do you need a network to make this
work? So i'm a bit lost, can anyone show me a way?

Thanks in advance,

Eric.

This may sound as a newbie question when really i'm not actually a newbie :)

Post by Eric » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:16:01

BTW i use LW6.5.

Quote:> Hi,

> Everytime i made i scene with lightwave i rendered it out and went over to
> new scene. I have never ever wanted to render more then one scene at once
> (in a queue) so i never really looked into it to find out if lightwave has
> such a feature. But times change and so do i, so now i want to place all
my
> scene files in a queue , hit the render button and just sit and wait
untill
> everything is all rendered out.

> My guess was that screamernet was the way to go , so i added some scene to
> the list and hit the "screamer render" button. This is what it said "No
> available screamerNet CPU's were detected". Why won't it render on my
single
> CPU processor (don't have a network). Do you need a network to make this
> work? So i'm a bit lost, can anyone show me a way?

> Thanks in advance,

> Eric.

This may sound as a newbie question when really i'm not actually a newbie :)

Post by Kevin F Stubb » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:17:40

Quote:> My guess was that screamernet was the way to go , so i added some scene to
> the list and hit the "screamer render" button. This is what it said "No
> available screamerNet CPU's were detected". Why won't it render on my single
> CPU processor (don't have a network). Do you need a network to make this
> work?

You don't need a network to make ScreamerNet work but you do have to set
up a ScreamerNet node on your machine and set it running so that you can
start rendering. You can follow the steps outilined in th emanual to do
this or you can get hold of Digital Toons free Tequila Node program
which is the same thing but a whole lot easier to set up :-)

http://shop.digitaltoons.tv/

Note, this just creates one or more ScreamerNet nodes on your PC
(Windows only at present) and does not require that you buy a copy of
TequilaScream to use it. There is a simple step by step guide to
installing and setting up the TequilaNode software on the site.

Cheers

Kevin F Stubbs
Kayef Select Limited

http://www.ironsquid.com/sntut65/

This may sound as a newbie question when really i'm not actually a newbie :)

Post by Eric » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 02:32:52

Thanks Tesselator and Kevin for the reply's. It doesn't really look all that
user friendly but i'll give it a go.

Eric.

Post by Tesselato » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 02:41:46

> Thanks Tesselator and Kevin for the reply's. It doesn't really look all that
> user friendly but i'll give it a go.

It's really not.  Well not until you get it.  After that it's not so bad.

I think It took me about 3 to 6 hours of playing at it till I "got it" if
that's any help.

This may sound as a newbie question when really i'm not actually a newbie :)

Post by Stos » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:12:20

If you have your config files in the default location on W2K, Documents and
Settings, be sure to put quotes around  the entire path in the command since
it has spaces.  Took me a while to figure that out; should really be
mentioned in the docs.

Quote:> Hi,

> Everytime i made i scene with lightwave i rendered it out and went over to
> new scene. I have never ever wanted to render more then one scene at once
> (in a queue) so i never really looked into it to find out if lightwave has
> such a feature. But times change and so do i, so now i want to place all
my
> scene files in a queue , hit the render button and just sit and wait
untill
> everything is all rendered out.

> My guess was that screamernet was the way to go , so i added some scene to
> the list and hit the "screamer render" button. This is what it said "No
> available screamerNet CPU's were detected". Why won't it render on my
single
> CPU processor (don't have a network). Do you need a network to make this
> work? So i'm a bit lost, can anyone show me a way?

> Thanks in advance,

> Eric.

1. Really 'newbie' question

Right just finished installing my Creative Suite (such a big box!), and
I want to get started as soon as possible.  How would you recommend I
achieve this:

I have a movie of a plane flying across the sky, I want this to be the
conclusion of the movie.  Now, I have a picture of a road, with trees
etc.  How would you suggest I manage to make the shot so we stay with
the road for a few seconds, then look upwards to see the plane?  Will I
have to create a 'filler' set of frames, as in ones that slowly move
the viewpoint upwards?

I'm guessing this is going to need a lot of Photoshop work, so I'm
hoping you guys can help.  Hopefully I'm not asking too much!

Oh, I have a Mac, with Final Cut.  This will be what the final scene
will obviously be assembled in.

One final question.  Say I wanted to add a static vapour trail next to
the two in the sky at the moment, how would I do this?  Would it be
possible to make the trail sit above the plane so from below it looks
like the plane is flying below it?

2. Solid Object Other Than Cube

3. Lightwave Newbie Not 3D Newbie - Looking for Tutorial URL's

4. Can anyone help me please

5. Really newbie question (slightly long)

6. ?Exporting x,y,z coord of cam/focus.

7. Newbie with newbie questions

8. 3D Surface Map.

9. Newbie newbie questions

10. newbie 'axis' question

11. NEWBIE NEWBIE question

12. Newbie question: Why is it gray, not white?

13. Newbie renderman question (simple example not working!)