Reordering a Boned Hierarchy, is it possible?

Reordering a Boned Hierarchy, is it possible?

Post by we » Thu, 09 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I have a situation where I have quite a complex skeleton and I need to add
another joint and a couple of more bones. These new bones need to control
the rest of the skeleton.

The problem of corse is, how do you make a new bone the anchor bone and shift
every other bone down accordingly.

I tried to apply the parent bone plugin in the hopes that it might solve the problem,
but to no avail.

Is anyone aware of a technique or plug in that would save me from rebuilding
this skeleton?

Many Thanks.

Post by Jame » Thu, 09 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>I have a situation where I have quite a complex skeleton and I need to add
>another joint and a couple of more bones. These new bones need to control
>the rest of the skeleton.

>The problem of corse is, how do you make a new bone the anchor bone and
shift
>every other bone down accordingly.

>I tried to apply the parent bone plugin in the hopes that it might solve
the problem,
>but to no avail.

>Is anyone aware of a technique or plug in that would save me from
rebuilding
>this skeleton?

>Many Thanks.

 Keypro by cinegraphics would do that nicely. Otherwise u might have to hack
it in
a text editor.

     James Yule
     Gecko Graphics

1. I reordered Hash..AM and now happy of sorts

I had posted some previous comments on how AM was hard to understand using
their instruction book and how I was disgusted prompting me to return AM
back to the company.

Since than I have put my tail between my legs and ordered AM again. It takes
two manuals to learn this program for a beginner like me. I bought a book by
Jeff Paries and with both books I can make some sense into doing stuff in
AM.
I now think I understand doing patches, and now I am into learning using the
bone features.

I know that there are better programs out there, but for the price AM it
overshadows some pitfalls that I encountered with AM (crashes at times). I
often wonder about these experienced guys that us AM and do all those very
good animations if they are really using AM! (how can a program like AM do
all that stuff for less than 300.00 dollars?)

I download "Killer Bean" from www.ifilm.com months ago and was overwhelmed
at the animation using AM. If you can do that stuff, then AM is worth
learning and burning the midnight lightbulb

Leo

2. new images

3. How to convert MAX4's bones to standar hierarchy animation

4. Joistick problem

5. Help with Bones Hierarchy

6. Request

7. Bones, bones, bones, and MORE BONES

8. Please Help - I am having trouble with MAX 3 Bones

9. possible: bones without geometry?

10. BONES BONES AND BONES?? NEED HELP

11. Vertex reordering

12. reordering layers