Problems adding plugins to the interface

Problems adding plugins to the interface

Post by Eric She » Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:08:16

The problem I'm running into is that the LW interface forgets that the
plugins have been installed. Here is a description of what happens
  a.. I install the plugins in the normal fashion, creating both  keys and
menu items for them. (e.g. linking Content Director to control-d).
  b.. The next time LW is started, both entries have been removed.
Strangely, the define key / menu window don't even include the content
director entry.
  c.. When I open the edit plugins window, the content director appears on
the list.
  d.. Then, the define key / menu windows *does* include the content
director entry. Bizarre.
As a result of this, I am unable to link these plugins to keys or menus. Do
you have any ideas as to what is happening here? Thanks in advance, and
thanks again for making such great work available to the LW community.

Regards,
Eric

Problems adding plugins to the interface

Post by CH » Mon, 12 Feb 2001 04:05:18

hmm, are you adding your plugins in a fresh clean scene, then closing it
down and running it again (just to make sure the .cfg file is saved
correctly) I don't know about 6.5 but I'm guessing since 5.6 didn't like
to add plugins unless it was a clean scene, 6.5 might be the same
*shrugs* hope that helps some, just a guess really

_______________

CH
www.lexxpark.co.uk
_______________

Quote:> The problem I'm running into is that the LW interface forgets that the
> plugins have been installed. Here is a description of what happens
>   a.. I install the plugins in the normal fashion, creating both  keys
and
> menu items for them. (e.g. linking Content Director to control-d).
>   b.. The next time LW is started, both entries have been removed.
> Strangely, the define key / menu window don't even include the content
> director entry.
>   c.. When I open the edit plugins window, the content director
appears on
> the list.
>   d.. Then, the define key / menu windows *does* include the content
> director entry. Bizarre.
> As a result of this, I am unable to link these plugins to keys or
menus. Do
> you have any ideas as to what is happening here? Thanks in advance,
and
> thanks again for making such great work available to the LW community.

> Regards,
> Eric

Problems adding plugins to the interface

Post by Tony Gilchris » Mon, 12 Feb 2001 06:10:45

I would suggest searching for "cfg" files on your hard drive, and deleting
them all (well, back up the ones with recent dates by renaming them or
moving them to a floppy, or whatever).  Then run LW, add your plugins and so
on, quit, and see if that helps...

Tony Gilchrist

Lightwave Tutorials:  http://tonyg2k.50Megs.com/

Quote:> The problem I'm running into is that the LW interface forgets that the
> plugins have been installed. Here is a description of what happens
>   a.. I install the plugins in the normal fashion, creating both  keys and
> menu items for them. (e.g. linking Content Director to control-d).
>   b.. The next time LW is started, both entries have been removed.
> Strangely, the define key / menu window don't even include the content
> director entry.
>   c.. When I open the edit plugins window, the content director appears on
> the list.
>   d.. Then, the define key / menu windows *does* include the content
> director entry. Bizarre.
> As a result of this, I am unable to link these plugins to keys or menus.
Do
> you have any ideas as to what is happening here? Thanks in advance, and
> thanks again for making such great work available to the LW community.

> Regards,
> Eric

Problems adding plugins to the interface

Post by 3DI » Mon, 12 Feb 2001 08:33:05

I find this happens to me every so often. What's weird is it's inconsistent.
Some plugins stick right away while others get lost after their first
What I do each time I add a new plugin or script is:
1)Add the plugin.
2)Close down LW and the HUB.
3)Re-launch LW.
4)Do a quick test with the plugin.This is when I'll find if the Plugin
stayed "added". If it has, then it'll usually stays for good. If it hasn't,
I go through the above steps again and 99.9% of the time it will "stick" the
second time through.
I also noticed that if I've added multiple plugins, loosing one will happen
more often than if I had just added a single. Don't know why.

Craig Paup
3DI, Inc.

Quote:> The problem I'm running into is that the LW interface forgets that the
> plugins have been installed. Here is a description of what happens
>   a.. I install the plugins in the normal fashion, creating both  keys and
> menu items for them. (e.g. linking Content Director to control-d).
>   b.. The next time LW is started, both entries have been removed.
> Strangely, the define key / menu window don't even include the content
> director entry.
>   c.. When I open the edit plugins window, the content director appears on
> the list.
>   d.. Then, the define key / menu windows *does* include the content
> director entry. Bizarre.
> As a result of this, I am unable to link these plugins to keys or menus.
Do
> you have any ideas as to what is happening here? Thanks in advance, and
> thanks again for making such great work available to the LW community.

> Regards,
> Eric

Problems adding plugins to the interface

Post by MkII » Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:51:57

Do you have 6.5 yet? This was a problem with earlier versions of 6.0 but I
can't say I've noticed the problem since I got past 6.0b. If you don't have
6.5 get it now, there's no reason not to.

Whatever, the version, if you follow the tips in the other replies, you
should be sorted.

--
######## MkIII #########
http://www.mkiii-design.co.uk

Quote:> The problem I'm running into is that the LW interface forgets that the
> plugins have been installed. Here is a description of what happens
>   a.. I install the plugins in the normal fashion, creating both  keys and
> menu items for them. (e.g. linking Content Director to control-d).
>   b.. The next time LW is started, both entries have been removed.
> Strangely, the define key / menu window don't even include the content
> director entry.
>   c.. When I open the edit plugins window, the content director appears on
> the list.
>   d.. Then, the define key / menu windows *does* include the content
> director entry. Bizarre.
> As a result of this, I am unable to link these plugins to keys or menus.
Do
> you have any ideas as to what is happening here? Thanks in advance, and
> thanks again for making such great work available to the LW community.

> Regards,
> Eric

1. How to add rollover image into an interface

just wondering if there's a way to add a rollover image into an interface
with Photoshop, in order to make a interactive image, hence no need to use
the layers in dreamwaver

Tan

2. scripts

3. Interface for plugins

4. SGI/Nintendo Project Reality(64 bit game) Positions

5. Adding more than 1 motion plugins?

6. nurbs head

7. Plugin list not complete in Modeller (but all plugins added)

8. NT & PA Import/Export plugins?

9. adding plugins in layout