Lies about Lightwave and Me ( was ) Brock Lee [ Lightwave 5.5 ]

Lies about Lightwave and Me ( was ) Brock Lee [ Lightwave 5.5 ]

Post by Bill » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:16:20

Dear Group,

    I just returned home from a business trip. I subscribed to this
newsgroup because I want to know as much about "Lightwave" as I can. I am
planning to purchase the latest version as soon as possible, likely within
about 3 weeks.
    Well, to the matter at hand. I am royally pissed with my roommate. He
has obviously been posting without my consent. I thought I had taken the
proper precautions before I left to insure that my system was safe. But
evidently, I was mistaken. When I got back, I opened my Browser to read the
mail in my Inbox and saw that the newsgroup was red. I know what that means.
According to my color scheme, a thread was being watched. I don't recall
marking any threads to be watched before I left town, so I opened up this
newsgroup to see what was marked. Low and behold, the bastard was using my
account and name to post lies about me and now I am being forced to try to
recover what I can.
    Based upon the responses to his maliciousness and the replies he has
given I can only surmise that this notice will be taken as another of his
attempt to backpedaled. I am sure his attempts to backpedaled stem from his
concern over my reaction to his post here and the consequences that have
resulted because of them.  I would like to assure each of you that I do not
have Lightwave installed on my PC. I never had it installed. And until I can
purchase it legitimately, I won't install it. I do however have a legally
installed 3D program and I'm enjoying it until I can purchase Lightwave. As
I understand it, the TV series Babylon5 used Lightwave for the ships and
space scenes. Or at least that is what I've heard said.
    I do hope that all of those whom my roommate has offended will not hold
me responsible for his actions. I have taken the steps necessary to insure
that this does not happen again. The next time I go out of town I am taking
the CPU with me. I'd like to see him get on the PC and*around without
that!
    Now I must send this so I can get in contact with the good folks at
Newtek. Damn! I hate it when things like this happen. Tomorrow, I'm getting
his ass evicted. I don't need this kind of crap.
    Thanks to you all. And again, Sorry this happened.   William Mitkelson
*Art 3D ?1990

Lies about Lightwave and Me ( was ) Brock Lee [ Lightwave 5.5 ]

Post by Tesselato » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:31:13

Quote:>     Now I must send this so I can get in contact with the good folks at
> Newtek. Damn! I hate it when things like this happen. Tomorrow, I'm getting
> his ass evicted. I don't need this kind of crap.
>     Thanks to you all. And again, Sorry this happened.

Taken things kinda seriously aren't you?

I can see why you might be peeved enough with the little sucker to
put a load of brill-cream in his pillow or some such.  I'm only
guessing but I think noone here or at Newtek cares all that much.
Certainly not enough to evict someone.

Post by MarcMyl » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:33:35

>>     Now I must send this so I can get in contact with the good folks at
>> Newtek. Damn! I hate it when things like this happen. Tomorrow, I'm getting
>> his ass evicted. I don't need this kind of crap.
>>     Thanks to you all. And again, Sorry this happened.

>Taken things kinda seriously aren't you?

>I can see why you might be peeved enough with the little sucker to
>put a load of brill-cream in his pillow or some such.  I'm only
>guessing but I think noone here or at Newtek cares all that much.
>Certainly not enough to evict someone.

Yeah, but this is probably the straw that broke the camel's back.  This
"roommate" has probably been making "Bill"'s life miserable for years.

Throw the bum out!

-M.

Post by Tesselato » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:07:26

> >>     Now I must send this so I can get in contact with the good folks at
> >> Newtek. Damn! I hate it when things like this happen. Tomorrow, I'm getting
> >> his ass evicted. I don't need this kind of crap.
> >>     Thanks to you all. And again, Sorry this happened.

> >Taken things kinda seriously aren't you?

> >I can see why you might be peeved enough with the little sucker to
> >put a load of brill-cream in his pillow or some such.  I'm only
> >guessing but I think noone here or at Newtek cares all that much.
> >Certainly not enough to evict someone.

> Yeah, but this is probably the straw that broke the camel's back.  This
> "roommate" has probably been making "Bill"'s life miserable for years.

> Throw the bum out!

You mean split the personality completely?

I thought I remembered from watching Sybil
that it was better to merge them.

                                    O :-)

Lies about Lightwave and Me ( was ) Brock Lee [ Lightwave 5.5 ]

Post by Simon Foste » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:13:42

Well he certainly had me fooled. I mean, he did a very good impression of
you. The way he wrote was just like this post, the exlanations were just as
earnest & sincere, the general tone was identical to this post, the syntax
very similar & in fact, I almost have to admire him since I don't think I
could write in such a similar manner to this post. But I'm full of respect
about your desire to be more careful; taking the CPU out of your computer
even after you've evicted him? Now that's belt & braces.

Simon Foster

Quote:> Dear Group,

>     I just returned home from a business trip. I subscribed to this
> newsgroup because I want to know as much about "Lightwave" as I can. I am
> planning to purchase the latest version as soon as possible, likely within
> about 3 weeks.
>     Well, to the matter at hand. I am royally pissed with my roommate. He
> has obviously been posting without my consent. I thought I had taken the
> proper precautions before I left to insure that my system was safe. But
> evidently, I was mistaken. When I got back, I opened my Browser to read
the
> mail in my Inbox and saw that the newsgroup was red. I know what that
means.
> According to my color scheme, a thread was being watched. I don't recall
> marking any threads to be watched before I left town, so I opened up this
> newsgroup to see what was marked. Low and behold, the bastard was using my
> account and name to post lies about me and now I am being forced to try to
> recover what I can.
>     Based upon the responses to his maliciousness and the replies he has
> given I can only surmise that this notice will be taken as another of his
> attempt to backpedaled. I am sure his attempts to backpedaled stem from
his
> concern over my reaction to his post here and the consequences that have
> resulted because of them.  I would like to assure each of you that I do
not
> have Lightwave installed on my PC. I never had it installed. And until I
can
> purchase it legitimately, I won't install it. I do however have a legally
> installed 3D program and I'm enjoying it until I can purchase Lightwave.
As
> I understand it, the TV series Babylon5 used Lightwave for the ships and
> space scenes. Or at least that is what I've heard said.
>     I do hope that all of those whom my roommate has offended will not
hold
> me responsible for his actions. I have taken the steps necessary to insure
> that this does not happen again. The next time I go out of town I am
taking
> the CPU with me. I'd like to see him get on the PC and*around
without
> that!
>     Now I must send this so I can get in contact with the good folks at
> Newtek. Damn! I hate it when things like this happen. Tomorrow, I'm
getting
> his ass evicted. I don't need this kind of crap.
>     Thanks to you all. And again, Sorry this happened.   William Mitkelson
> *Art 3D ?1990

Lies about Lightwave and Me ( was ) Brock Lee [ Lightwave 5.5 ]

Post by Nick Hatzichristo » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:57:41

Quote:> Well he certainly had me fooled. I mean, he did a very good impression of
> you. The way he wrote was just like this post, the exlanations were just
as
> earnest & sincere, the general tone was identical to this post, the syntax
> very similar & in fact, I almost have to admire him since I don't think I
> could write in such a similar manner to this post. But I'm full of respect
> about your desire to be more careful; taking the CPU out of your computer
> even after you've evicted him? Now that's belt & braces.

Sounds like a "I 'm gonna kill you and /then/ I 'm gonna kick your ass too"
line from an action flick ; )

(BTW, have BIOSs stopped supporting passwords on boot-up ?)

nick

--

Nick Hatzichristos
VFX Animator

ICQ# : 48636115

http://users.otenet.gr/~nixx

Post by Jeff Kilgro » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:03:37

Quote:> Well he certainly had me fooled. I mean, he did a very good impression of
> you. The way he wrote was just like this post, the exlanations were just
as
> earnest & sincere, the general tone was identical to this post, the syntax
> very similar & in fact, I almost have to admire him since I don't think I
> could write in such a similar manner to this post. But I'm full of respect
> about your desire to be more careful; taking the CPU out of your computer
> even after you've evicted him? Now that's belt & braces.

Hold on a minute...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA HAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHA <GASP>

OK, I feel better now.  :)  Right on, Simon!

If what Bill says is true, then the only thing I can say is this:  A good
password can do wonders on his (or anyone's) computer.

Taking the CPU out of the computer, ahahahaha...

This thread has made my morning.  :)

--
- Jeff Kilgroe
- Applied Visual Technologies | DarkScience

Lies about Lightwave and Me ( was ) Brock Lee [ Lightwave 5.5 ]

Post by Renderking Fis » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:10:10

I got only one rule in my house... nobody comes in my studio for any reasons
what so ever when I'm not here. I've made it perfectly clear to my wife that
nobody touches either computer for any reason... period. My wife, God bless
her, knows that if anything happens to my system while I'm gone, there will
be a fate worse then death that will follow. I trust her, it's the nitwits
that come over to visit that I'm not so sure about.

As for this guy... Bill... he's lucky he isn't my room-mate. If my room-mate
did that, he would be taking all of his meals through an IV tube while I'm
rendering in my own cell.

Quote:> Dear Group,

>     I just returned home from a business trip. I subscribed to this
> newsgroup because I want to know as much about "Lightwave" as I can. I am
> planning to purchase the latest version as soon as possible, likely within
> about 3 weeks.
>     Well, to the matter at hand. I am royally pissed with my roommate. He
> has obviously been posting without my consent. I thought I had taken the
> proper precautions before I left to insure that my system was safe. But
> evidently, I was mistaken. When I got back, I opened my Browser to read
the
> mail in my Inbox and saw that the newsgroup was red. I know what that
means.
> According to my color scheme, a thread was being watched. I don't recall
> marking any threads to be watched before I left town, so I opened up this
> newsgroup to see what was marked. Low and behold, the bastard was using my
> account and name to post lies about me and now I am being forced to try to
> recover what I can.
>     Based upon the responses to his maliciousness and the replies he has
> given I can only surmise that this notice will be taken as another of his
> attempt to backpedaled. I am sure his attempts to backpedaled stem from
his
> concern over my reaction to his post here and the consequences that have
> resulted because of them.  I would like to assure each of you that I do
not
> have Lightwave installed on my PC. I never had it installed. And until I
can
> purchase it legitimately, I won't install it. I do however have a legally
> installed 3D program and I'm enjoying it until I can purchase Lightwave.
As
> I understand it, the TV series Babylon5 used Lightwave for the ships and
> space scenes. Or at least that is what I've heard said.
>     I do hope that all of those whom my roommate has offended will not
hold
> me responsible for his actions. I have taken the steps necessary to insure
> that this does not happen again. The next time I go out of town I am
taking
> the CPU with me. I'd like to see him get on the PC and*around
without
> that!
>     Now I must send this so I can get in contact with the good folks at
> Newtek. Damn! I hate it when things like this happen. Tomorrow, I'm
getting
> his ass evicted. I don't need this kind of crap.
>     Thanks to you all. And again, Sorry this happened.   William Mitkelson
> *Art 3D ?1990

Lies about Lightwave and Me ( was ) Brock Lee [ Lightwave 5.5 ]

Post by Deuc » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:34:07

Great jumpin jebus.

You know, most pirates don't go to all this trouble to 'redeem' themselves.

What ever it is, Bill, when you get lightwave all legal-like -- come here
for help and assistance.

-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers!  ==-----

Lies about Lightwave and Me ( was ) Brock Lee [ Lightwave 5.5 ]

Post by pixel » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 00:18:52

Quote:>Taking the CPU out of the computer, ahahahaha...

I saw Bills flatmate in the hardware shop this morning. He walked out with a
small box clearly marked Intel Processors.

Should I keep quiet?

Lies about Lightwave and Me ( was ) Brock Lee [ Lightwave 5.5 ]

Post by Dave Adam » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 02:19:26

Quote:> Dear Group,

>     I just returned home from a business trip. I subscribed to this
> newsgroup because I want to know as much about "Lightwave" as I can. I am
> planning to purchase the latest version as soon as possible, likely within
> about 3 weeks.
>     Well, to the matter at hand. I am royally pissed with my roommate. He
> has obviously been posting without my consent. I thought I had taken the
> proper precautions before I left to insure that my system was safe. But
> evidently, I was mistaken. When I got back, I opened my Browser to read
the
> mail in my Inbox and saw that the newsgroup was red. I know what that
means.
> According to my color scheme, a thread was being watched. I don't recall
> marking any threads to be watched before I left town, so I opened up this
> newsgroup to see what was marked. Low and behold, the bastard was using my
> account and name to post lies about me and now I am being forced to try to
> recover what I can.
>     Based upon the responses to his maliciousness and the replies he has
> given I can only surmise that this notice will be taken as another of his
> attempt to backpedaled. I am sure his attempts to backpedaled stem from
his
> concern over my reaction to his post here and the consequences that have
> resulted because of them.  I would like to assure each of you that I do
not
> have Lightwave installed on my PC. I never had it installed. And until I
can
> purchase it legitimately, I won't install it. I do however have a legally
> installed 3D program and I'm enjoying it until I can purchase Lightwave.
As
> I understand it, the TV series Babylon5 used Lightwave for the ships and
> space scenes. Or at least that is what I've heard said.
>     I do hope that all of those whom my roommate has offended will not
hold
> me responsible for his actions. I have taken the steps necessary to insure
> that this does not happen again. The next time I go out of town I am
taking
> the CPU with me. I'd like to see him get on the PC and*around
without
> that!
>     Now I must send this so I can get in contact with the good folks at
> Newtek. Damn! I hate it when things like this happen. Tomorrow, I'm
getting
> his ass evicted. I don't need this kind of crap.
>     Thanks to you all. And again, Sorry this happened.   William Mitkelson
> *Art 3D ?1990

That's a switch, normally folks claim to be the father who
has just discovered their "Little Johnny" has
been using the computer without permission and that they
will be soundly punished.
(:-D

How about a log-on password instead of hauling
your CPU around?

Lies about Lightwave and Me ( was ) Brock Lee [ Lightwave 5.5 ]

Post by Paul Salvado » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 02:50:40

I'm having a crossing over image of bill spanking himself while looking
in the mirror.

(make the voices go away mommy!...)   8^)

Lies about Lightwave and Me ( was ) Brock Lee [ Lightwave 5.5 ]

Post by Eric » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 03:00:41

Quote:> That's a switch, normally folks claim to be the father who
> has just discovered their "Little Johnny" has
> been using the computer without permission and that they
> will be soundly punished.
> (:-D

> How about a log-on password instead of hauling
> your CPU around?

A password is indeed a more normal thing to do. I've never met a guy that
was walking around with his pentium IV CPU in his pocket. Must be strange to
see a man on a train or a bus taking it out his pocket while searching for
something, it might be a good conversationstarter :)).

Eric.

Lies about Lightwave and Me ( was ) Brock Lee [ Lightwave 5.5 ]

Post by Ron Spectr » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 04:31:09

Hmmm Hey Bill here is one for you...

I searched eBay patiently a number of times, and then located through a
friend who made it known to me, that someone, a distrirbutor I believe, was
selling fully legal boxed versions of Lightwave. I think there were 3
available back then. The price was $500 when I last bid and I won. So what
arrived? A fully shrink wrapped and unopened (repetition necessary for Bill)
version of Lightwave 5.0 with free upgrade to 5.5 (something like that...).
Well, that was a lucky break. You might try doing similar looking in other
auction sites to see if distributors are selling items such as in this case.
To date of course, after registering with Newtek etc, and upgrading to LW
6.5b where I wait patiently to get to 7.0b, I am into Lightwave for several
thousand dollars over a long period of time (counting books and all the
etc's that one just MUST have!!!) . That was how I had to do it and it was
back before I was somewhat successful. Now that I am more able to stand on
my own, I am VERY happy that I went about it in a legal way because the work
I do now requires licensed copies of the s/w and who would not want to be in
that loop anyway?

It just makes sense. Cant use it commercially unless you BUY it. And
besides, who would want to*off all these wonderful people here who help
you at the drop of a hat and for NOTHING!

Now THAT... that... is a deal.

Quote:> Dear Group,

>     I just returned home from a business trip. I subscribed to this
> newsgroup because I want to know as much about "Lightwave" as I can. I am
> planning to purchase the latest version as soon as possible, likely within
> about 3 weeks.
>     Well, to the matter at hand. I am royally pissed with my roommate. He
> has obviously been posting without my consent. I thought I had taken the
> proper precautions before I left to insure that my system was safe. But
> evidently, I was mistaken. When I got back, I opened my Browser to read
the
> mail in my Inbox and saw that the newsgroup was red. I know what that
means.
> According to my color scheme, a thread was being watched. I don't recall
> marking any threads to be watched before I left town, so I opened up this
> newsgroup to see what was marked. Low and behold, the bastard was using my
> account and name to post lies about me and now I am being forced to try to
> recover what I can.
>     Based upon the responses to his maliciousness and the replies he has
> given I can only surmise that this notice will be taken as another of his
> attempt to backpedaled. I am sure his attempts to backpedaled stem from
his
> concern over my reaction to his post here and the consequences that have
> resulted because of them.  I would like to assure each of you that I do
not
> have Lightwave installed on my PC. I never had it installed. And until I
can
> purchase it legitimately, I won't install it. I do however have a legally
> installed 3D program and I'm enjoying it until I can purchase Lightwave.
As
> I understand it, the TV series Babylon5 used Lightwave for the ships and
> space scenes. Or at least that is what I've heard said.
>     I do hope that all of those whom my roommate has offended will not
hold
> me responsible for his actions. I have taken the steps necessary to insure
> that this does not happen again. The next time I go out of town I am
taking
> the CPU with me. I'd like to see him get on the PC and*around
without
> that!
>     Now I must send this so I can get in contact with the good folks at
> Newtek. Damn! I hate it when things like this happen. Tomorrow, I'm
getting
> his ass evicted. I don't need this kind of crap.
>     Thanks to you all. And again, Sorry this happened.   William Mitkelson
> *Art 3D ?1990

Lies about Lightwave and Me ( was ) Brock Lee [ Lightwave 5.5 ]

Post by Steve Pug » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:38:34

There was that one guy, but it turned out he was just glad to see me ;-)

Quote:> A password is indeed a more normal thing to do. I've never met a guy that
> was walking around with his pentium IV CPU in his pocket. Must be strange
> see a man on a train or a bus taking it out his pocket while searching for
> something, it might be a good conversationstarter :)).

> Eric.

1. Brock Lee [ Lightwave 5.5 ]

I can give you my copy of Lightwave 5.5 that I burned as a back up if you
want one. I won't except any payment for it as I don't own the copywrite.  I
can either send it to you over the internet, or I can snail mail it to you
at whatever address you provide. Let me know if you still want it. I am
doing this because you expressed a desire to be more than a wannabe, and
because Lightwave is such an awesome program.  You can reach me at

2. My Image Gallery

3. Lightwave 5.5/Lightwave 6 ?

4. Desktop contest : TAKE PART !

5. Lightwave 5.6 Lightwave 5.6 Lightwave 5.6 Lightwave 5.6

6. DelphiX and rotation of DXDraw surface

7. Lightwave 5.5 - loop problem....

8. TEXT FILTER OF PLUGIN PLEASE HELP!!

9. Cinema 4D XL vs Lightwave 5.5

10. Problems settinUp LightWave 5.5