Jaz on PC & Amiga

Post by Tim Lewi » Sat, 20 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi, Has anyone tried to use a IBM formatted external Jaz on both the PC
and Amiga 2000 with amigados 2.1. After 3 days of banging my head I
think I have it mounted so that the Amiga sees it, but I get a write
"error = -4 " when I try to copy a larger file to the jaz. I don't know
if I set it all up right, so if there is someone who knows the amiga
and  has done this, any help would be great.
Thanks, Tim

Jaz on PC & Amiga

Post by Joe Schrengohs » Sat, 20 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> Hi, Has anyone tried to use a IBM formatted external Jaz on both the PC
> and Amiga 2000 with amigados 2.1. After 3 days of banging my head I
> think I have it mounted so that the Amiga sees it, but I get a write
> "error = -4 " when I try to copy a larger file to the jaz. I don't know
> if I set it all up right, so if there is someone who knows the amiga
> and  has done this, any help would be great.
> Thanks, Tim

Hi Tim,

I use a Jaz drive on both PC and Amiga. I use CrossDos version 6
which has support for removeable media for the Amiga. It does all
the configs for you.
It also works with zip drives as long as they are scsi.
The parallel port zip drive does NOT work on the Amaiga.

Hope this helps,
JS

1. Jaz drives and PC Exchange

Has anyone actually succeeded in reading DOS formatted Jaz disks
on a Mac under PC Exchange?

Iomega say, and I quote their Web site, "Each of the software packages
mentioned [PC Exchange, Access PC and DOS Mounter] should mount Iomega
disks, just like they would mount a DOS formatted floppy disk." SHOULD,
not WILL.

Well, I can't make it work. We've tried 3 different Macs (7100, 8100
and 9500 PPCs), 2 different Jaz drives, different SCSI cables. We're
running System 7.5.3 and PC Exchange v2.0.5. A 270MB Syquest drive
works OK in this arrangement (after dropping one extension out), but
unplug the Syquest and substitute the Jaz and it won't work. We've tried
restarting with minimal extensions loaded.
The Jaz drive name is always italicised in the PC Exchange Options
settings box and can't be selected to load the driver.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Peter Croft
TVW Channel 7,
Perth, Western Australia

2. HELP!!How to make hidden lines using GL

3. Can Mac mount PC formatted Jaz disk?

4. stupid newbie character animation questions

5. Clips to JAZ to PC

6. host ?

7. Can Mac mount PC formatted Jaz disk?

8. Win 95 with Lightwave and PAR

9. This Jaz Drive, This Jaz Drive, This Jaz Drive must die!

10. Amiga Anim to PC AVI

11. Amiga-PC(dos/win)

12. program to convert IBM PC's TIFF, PCX, BMP graphics file to Amiga IFF files