HOUSTON AREA LIGHTWAVE USERS GROUP MEETING 08.17.2000

HOUSTON AREA LIGHTWAVE USERS GROUP MEETING 08.17.2000

Post by dls » Tue, 15 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Greetings to All,

H.A.L.U.G. AUGUST MEETING
DATE: Thursday 08.17.2000
TIME: 7:00pm
ROOM# : To be announced.  We will be meeting in will in either room#130 or
in the Library training room. Go first to room #130, if we are to meet in
the library training room a notice will be posted at the door of room #130
directing the users group to proceed to the Library training room for this
months meeting.

LOCATION: 5601 West Loop South  Houston, Texas 77081   This is the Houston
Community College Campus on the West Loop.  If you need map for directions
you can point your browser to:
http://swc2.hccs.cc.tx.us/Campusmaps/wloop.html

THE AGENDA

1.) I will be distributing copies of Dan Ablan "Inside Lightwave 6.0" to the
12  members who have purchased them.

L. Ernestes
R. S. Menard
S. Malini
V. Cherubini
K. Garber
D. Duhon
J. Gonzales
G. Bass
P. Vogel
J. Baker
L. Schuh
B. Mills

2.) We will continue are viewing of  the 4th new Lightwave 6.0 training tape
by desktop images.  We will continue with "Surface One" by Brad Peebler.

Some of the topics covered in the tape include:

1.) Procedurals
2.) Image Maps
3.) Reflectivity
4.) Translucence
5.) Color Cycling
6.) Texture Animation

3.) I would like to personally encourage members who wish to bring some of
their work to show the group or who would like to bring a particular problem
they have encountered while working in Lightwave to see if some of the group
members could be of assistance.

Coming Next Month: The New Video Released by Desk Top Images at SIGGRAPH
2000 "LightWave 3D Character Animation Setup" with Brian Freisinger.
Topics included on this video include:

Basic Principles, i.e., of character setup
Skelegons
Weight Maps
Layout Setup
Hybrid Inverserse Kinematics

Hope to see you all there,

Derrick Smith

The Houson Area Lightwave Users Group Site : www.3dpalette.com/halug/

1. HOUSTON AREA LIGHTWAVE USERS GROUP MEETING 09.21.2000

Greetings to All,

H.A.L.U.G. SEPTEMBER MEETING
DATE: Thursday 09.21.2000
TIME: 7:00pm
ROOM# : To be announced.  We will be meeting in will in either room#130 or
in the Library training room. Go first to room #130, if we are to meet in
the library training room a notice will be posted at the door of room #130
directing the users group to proceed to the Library training room for this
months meeting.

__
LOCATION: 5601 West Loop South  Houston, Texas 77081   This is the Houston
Community College Campus on the West Loop.  If you need map for directions
you can point your browser to:
http://swc2.hccs.cc.tx.us/Campusmaps/wloop.html
__

We will continue are viewing of  the 5th new Lightwave 6.0 training tape
by desktop images.  We will continue with "Character Animation Setup" with
Brian Freisinger.

 This is the new video released by Desk Top Images at SIGGRAPH 2000 in July.

Some of the topics covered in the tape include:

i.)  Basic Principles, i.e., of character setup
ii.) Skelegons
iii.) Weight Maps
iv.) Layout Setup
v.) Hybrid Inverserse Kinematics

I would like to personally encourage members who wish to bring some of
their work to show the group or who would like to bring a particular problem
they have encountered while working in Lightwave to see if some of the group
members could be of assistance.

Hope to see you all there,

Derrick Smith

President

Houson Area Lightwave Users Group

2. CoolPix 950 vs. C-3030 Zoom

3. Houston area Lightwave user group

4. DirectX interface units for Delphi5

5. Bay Area Lightwave User Group Meeting

6. cube collision detection

7. Bay Area Lightwave User Group Meeting on August 12th, 2000

8. help with GetDIBits API call

9. Reminder: Bay Area Lightwave User Group Meeting this Saturday

10. Upcoming Bay Area Lightwave User Group Meeting on June 10th

11. Reminder: Bay Area Lightwave User Group meeting this coming saturday

12. Bay Area Lightwave User Group Meeting in May

13. Bay Area Lightwave User Group Meeting is back on