TNT2 and Lightwave

Post by Tony Gilchris » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I know this has been asked before, but I can't find it in deja.

I just popped a TNT2 M64 32 MB PCI Creative Labs Card into a business style
DELL P2 at work which is running Win95b.  (the onboard AGP is an old ATI
thingi, so this was a cheap upgrade to get a better LW machine).

The Problem:  While the card seems to work fine, LW 6 or 6.5 now generates a
General Protection Fault; Modeler works fine, but Layout makes a GPF
whenever it is started.  If I choose "Ignore" in the GPF, LW does eventually
load, and seems to work Ok, but this does not seem like a thing to ignore...

I've tried both the nvidea reference drivers, and the CL "detonator"
drivers.

Suggested fixes?  Anyone have this working?

TNT2 and Lightwave

Post by o p r a c i l o » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:37:58

did you download the latest drivers from the nVidia site?

Detonator 3....

make sure you load the proper driver.....read the readME included in the
install.

you may not have installed it proper with the full OpenGL support.

i had a similar problem a while back (not the errors, but the crashing of
the app) until i installed the Correct Driver.

hope this helps.

Quote:> I know this has been asked before, but I can't find it in deja.

> I just popped a TNT2 M64 32 MB PCI Creative Labs Card into a business
style
> DELL P2 at work which is running Win95b.  (the onboard AGP is an old ATI
> thingi, so this was a cheap upgrade to get a better LW machine).

> The Problem:  While the card seems to work fine, LW 6 or 6.5 now generates
> General Protection Fault; Modeler works fine, but Layout makes a GPF
> whenever it is started.  If I choose "Ignore" in the GPF, LW does
eventually
> load, and seems to work Ok, but this does not seem like a thing to
ignore...

> I've tried both the nvidea reference drivers, and the CL "detonator"
> drivers.

> Suggested fixes?  Anyone have this working?

TNT2 and Lightwave

Post by SelRecor » Mon, 27 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Dear Tony,

I have a TNT2 Ultra card and had problems until I changed from BIOS 2.02 to
2.03. Actually I did this by changing the card - Oop.

I can't find any BIOS upgrades for the TNT but please let me know or post to
the group if you find some!

Yours,
Richard :o)