HV3 issues

Post by Dean A. Scot » Tue, 10 Apr 2001 05:57:54

John Gross wrote in the maillist...

Quote:> I think that was a known issue. look for a fix in the upcoming 6.5b release!

Thanks, John.

I experimented and found that I can get around this issue by manually editing
the scene and entering the right number for the parameter combo in each HV
object application section.

Goes something like this...

.
.
.
{shader

Quote:}

{HVClip
# 1 2 3
.
.
.

where # is:   1  no paraemters checked
              3  use color only
             11  use anti-a only
              5  use solid only
              7  use color and anti-a
              9  use color and solid
             13  anit-a and solid
             15  use color, anti-a, and solid

Somewhere along the line I was getting 69's or 27's instead.
With edited scenes (using 15 as the param #), Screamers are happily
rendering away... no blank or malformed HV sprites!

      Dean A. Scott,  Assistant Professor
        SOUTHERN  ADVENTIST  UNIVERSITY
         School of Visual Art & Design
        http://ns.southern.edu/~dascott

1. HV3 issues

Can someone confirm that when using HV sprites with a clipmap and
embedded alpha that one cannot have the three parameters (use color,
anit-a, and solid) all checked at the same time and have them saved
in the scene?  When ever I've done this, either LW totally forgets
them and they're all unchecked or just 'use color' and 'solid' remain
checked while 'anti-a' becomes unchecked.

This has played hovac using screamner to render as when this first
happened, an hour or two had passed and several dozen/hundred frames
rendered ALL without any HV sprite clipmap showing... argh!

      Dean A. Scott,  Assistant Professor
        SOUTHERN  ADVENTIST  UNIVERSITY
         School of Visual Art & Design
        http://ns.southern.edu/~dascott

2. Mac Designers Wanted

3. Screamers and HV3

4. matching palettes for combining images

5. HV3 Tutorial 2001

6. Bitmaps won't print

7. HV3 Dont render behind transparent objects!!Again with proves

8. HV3 again

9. HV3 for Steamer FX...

10. Steamer gone.. Use HV3

11. Slow HV3