I'm going to go mad

Post by Martin Harri » Thu, 07 Sep 2000 04:16:21

Just reinstalled eveything on my computer and went to install Lightwave. It
doesn't find the dongle in Windows 2000. I remember lots of people having
this problem when [6] first came out but I never had it, and now that I do I
can't figure out how to fix it.

Been to the rainbow site and downloaded the latest drivers - no luck
Downloaded SentinalMedic - it finds the dongle, so refuses to help me any
further
Read numerous FAQ at newtek.com - counldn't fnd anything about it.

Help me please

Win 2000.
Two parallel ports, dongle in LPT1 with nothing else in either.
Fresh install of eveything.
Lightwave [6] off first run CD (E.g. 6.0)

Thanks in advance
    Martin

I'm going to go mad

Post by Martin Harri » Thu, 07 Sep 2000 04:42:17

Okay, re ran SentinalMedic my computer crashed horribly and restarted, when
it came back ran Lightwave install.

Prayed

It installed

Construction out of destruction - the only difference was the crash.

So, its fixed now - sorry for posting (twice), but I was totally stuck. I
still don't know why it worked, but now it does.

Thanks to anyone who was about to reply.....

Be Happy
    Martin

I'm going to go mad

Post by Nowhere Ma » Thu, 07 Sep 2000 15:27:43

Ahh the inner misteries of Win 2000 !!!

There was an updated set of Drivers for the sentinal on Rainbows site
which seemed to work with Win 2000

Windows 2000 does some intelligent checking after it crashes, I guess
it scans the hardware to look for changes but dont ask me why it
doesn't install some things first time round it does it with other
things This could be why so many manufacturers are having trouble
writing updated drivers.

Like NT it might work by the time they get to service pack 4   ;-b

1. Help...I'm going mad

I seem to be experiencing a rather odd phenomena with one of my scene/obect
files.
Ok....(deep breath...) I have an object which appears to be fine in modeler
but when it is placed into my scene file and keyframed there seems to be
some erratic distortion of the geometry taking place - I have absolutely no
motion, displacement or morph plugins assigned to the object (I went through
each panel one by one a Gazillion times over) and have even attempted to
clear the scene and load up only the object with a motion envelope applied
to it and it still is behaving strangely. To get even stranger I have been
able to save transformed the object in its altered state and load it up in
modeler where it appears to have aquired some 2-3,000 single and two point
polygons and when I merge points in modeler the object becomes disfigured
beyond recognition???

I'm stumped, If anyone out there has had such an experience and was able to
remedy the problem I would love to hear from them. I've tried everything I
can think of including re-installing LW but the problem still persists.

BTW I'm using LW 5.6 Intel w/ the latest patches available.

Thanks (I hope),

TH

2. Shark Site Logo Request!

3. FS: Director 5.0...going...going...almost gone...

4. 35 mm negative strip

5. clouds and difference clouds filter settings gone slightly mad

6. IFF (amiga) to anything (gif, bmp etc)

7. Color Picker Gone Mad!

8. splot in beta3.6

9. Help: Boolean gone mad!

10. installing True Type fonts - help b4 I go mad pls RH7.3

11. Going Once...Going Twice...Three Jobs Available!

12. DUAL PRO GOING GOING

13. PVR questions-a-go-go