Compiling Softawe

Post by Mark Curti » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi.

Just a little off topic

Im looking to purchase software that will let me compile animations
rendered as image sequences. At the moment I have to render as AVIs, with
the disadvantage of having to render in one go, no matter how long, which is
also prone to power cuts / crashes.

The 3 likely contenders are Premier, After Effects and Aura.

Bearing in mind that as well as compiling image sequences I would also like
to introduce the odd transition effect, does one of these products stand out
from the crowd ?

I hear After Effects is good at composition work, but is there really any
advantage in composting in a separate package, rather than composting in
Lightwave as I do now ?

TIA

--

Mark Curtis

Compiling Softawe

Post by Fred Teppe » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Hi.

> Just a little off topic

> Im looking to purchase software that will let me compile animations
> rendered as image sequences. At the moment I have to render as AVIs, with
> the disadvantage of having to render in one go, no matter how long, which is
> also prone to power cuts / crashes.

The cheapest and quickest way to do this is just render the images in
whatever size you want then clear the scene and load up those images as
an image sequence and use them as a background image then render that as
an AVI.  If you want to do simple transitions, make a couple of square
polygons and map an image sequence onto each one (with a frame offset as
needed), set the luminosity to 100% and diffusion to 0% then just
dissolve them in and out etc.  If you move the boxes you can do simple
wipes.  This is, of course, not as flexible as any of the software
packages you are looking into, but it's free and fast and you can do it
right now.  If your images are at vid -res or lower, it can pump through
making an AVI in less than a second per frame.  I do this all the time.

Hope this helps until you buy something.
--
                         -=Fred=-
              http://www.stationxstudios.com

          Remove the x in the address to respond.

1. Compiling programs in MS-DOS using SRGP

Hi, I am reading Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice (Foley, Van
Dam, et al) for the first time, and I am having trouble compiling the
example program that came with the SRGP distribution.

Specifically, I am using Turbo C++ 3.0 and I am trying to compile it using
this:

c:\tc\bin\tcc -eexample -Ic:\srgp\include c:\srgp\lib\srgp.lib example.c

I'm not familiar with using TCC, so could someone point out to me what I'm
doing wrong?  Perhaps I should use the free Turbo C 2.0 instead?

Thanks,
Feihong

2. software blowout!

3. Can't compile C++ code for graphing an equation

4. Buy Softimage for Nt Alpha

5. Compiling a list of on-line 3D animations...

6. Scanners. Help Needed.

7. Compiling OpenGl code with Borland C++ 5.01

8. Please send me a COMPILED viewer for SVGAlib/Linux

9. xv compile options to enable zooming but disable everything else

10. Looking for pre-compiled xpaint for SPARC solaris 2.5

11. pbmplus compiled for DOS?

12. Compiling IJG's JPEG software using Watcom for DOS