Northern Lightwave Meet

Post by Cage » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:40:10

Well the votes appear to be in and barring a last minute rush it would seem
to favout West with the following one over on the East side.
I guess the next question is when?

Any thoughts?

Northern Lightwave Meet

Post by Kevin F Stubb » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:41:30

Quote:> I guess the next question is when?

> Any thoughts?

Well, provided there isn't a last minute rush of additional people wanting to
attend (there is a limit to how many people I can accommodate), can I suggest a
couple of dates in July round at my place :

Saturday 19th or 26th

or

Sunday 20th

Cheers

Kevin F Stubbs
Kayef Select Limited

Northern Lightwave Meet

Post by badllarm » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:45:09

26th July sounds good to me Kevin

andy

Quote:> > I guess the next question is when?

> > Any thoughts?

> Well, provided there isn't a last minute rush of additional people wanting
> attend (there is a limit to how many people I can accommodate), can I
suggest a
> couple of dates in July round at my place :

> Saturday 19th or 26th

> or

> Sunday 20th

> Cheers

> Kevin F Stubbs
> Kayef Select Limited

Northern Lightwave Meet

Post by badllarm » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:52:04

BTW any one coming from over the hills and in need of a lift from Manchester
(Eg Train station) to Kevins just let me know here and I'll taxi for you no
problems (depending on numbers that is!)

andy

> 26th July sounds good to me Kevin

> andy

> > > I guess the next question is when?

> > > Any thoughts?

> > Well, provided there isn't a last minute rush of additional people
wanting
> > attend (there is a limit to how many people I can accommodate), can I
> suggest a
> > couple of dates in July round at my place :

> > Saturday 19th or 26th

> > or

> > Sunday 20th

> > Cheers

> > Kevin F Stubbs
> > Kayef Select Limited

Northern Lightwave Meet

Post by Colin Kai Heap » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 05:00:17

Think I might be at the Wildlife Centre on the 26th, but if need be, I can
re-schedule if everyone else prefers the 26th to the 19th/20th.

-Colkai

Quote:>> I guess the next question is when?

>> Any thoughts?

>Well, provided there isn't a last minute rush of additional people wanting to
>attend (there is a limit to how many people I can accommodate), can I suggest a
>couple of dates in July round at my place :

>Saturday 19th or 26th

>or

>Sunday 20th

>Cheers

>Kevin F Stubbs
>Kayef Select Limited

Northern Lightwave Meet

Post by badllarm » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:36:04

19th is cool not really bothered, I'll of just come off nights that morning
so as long as it's 2pm + for the meet I've no problems with that either.

andy

Quote:> Think I might be at the Wildlife Centre on the 26th, but if need be, I can
> re-schedule if everyone else prefers the 26th to the 19th/20th.

> -Colkai

> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:41:30 +0100, Kevin F Stubbs

> >> I guess the next question is when?

> >> Any thoughts?

> >Well, provided there isn't a last minute rush of additional people
wanting to
> >attend (there is a limit to how many people I can accommodate), can I
suggest a
> >couple of dates in July round at my place :

> >Saturday 19th or 26th

> >or

> >Sunday 20th

> >Cheers

> >Kevin F Stubbs
> >Kayef Select Limited

Northern Lightwave Meet

Post by Kevin F Stubb » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 02:19:33

So that's effectively two votes for Saturday 19th in the afternoon up to now.
Anyone else got a preference ?

Cheers

Kevin F Stubbs
Kayef Select Limited

Northern Lightwave Meet

Post by Cage » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:32:17

That should be fine with me too.

Quote:> So that's effectively two votes for Saturday 19th in the afternoon up to
now.
> Anyone else got a preference ?

> Cheers

> Kevin F Stubbs
> Kayef Select Limited

Northern Lightwave Meet

Post by badllarm » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:30:39

Gone quiet from the other side of the hills but 4 is better than nothing for
a first meet ;-))
Kevin you'll have to post me some directions (off group) I'll be using the
A580 or M 60 (I'm a stones throw from either) which ever is the quickest.
Also Cagey you drive? If not and there's no direct route from Stockport to
Warrington (EG you have to go via Manchester or somthing daft) let me know
anI'll will sort out a lift.

andy

Northern Lightwave Meet

Post by Cage » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:41:37

Thanks for the offer but I'll be ok getting there, just need the location.
That's if you're still happy to do the honours of course Kevin.

Quote:> Gone quiet from the other side of the hills but 4 is better than nothing
for
> a first meet ;-))
> Kevin you'll have to post me some directions (off group) I'll be using the
> A580 or M 60 (I'm a stones throw from either) which ever is the quickest.
> Also Cagey you drive? If not and there's no direct route from Stockport to
> Warrington (EG you have to go via Manchester or somthing daft) let me know
> anI'll will sort out a lift.

> andy

Northern Lightwave Meet

Post by Kevin F Stubb » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 02:15:53

Quote:> That's if you're still happy to do the honours of course Kevin.

Yep, still OK as far as I'm concerned. I'll get directions out to all interested
parties in the next day or two, emailed direct. To give you an idea though, I'm
just over a mile from Junction 11 on the M62.

Cheers

Kevin F Stubbs
Kayef Select Limited

Northern Lightwave Meet

Post by Colin Kai Heap » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 04:16:18

Could you e-mail me directions Kevin,
I believe it's complicated from where I live <GD&R> ;-)))

-Colkai

Quote:>> That's if you're still happy to do the honours of course Kevin.
>Yep, still OK as far as I'm concerned. I'll get directions out to all interested
>parties in the next day or two, emailed direct. To give you an idea though, I'm
>just over a mile from Junction 11 on the M62.

>Cheers

>Kevin F Stubbs
>Kayef Select Limited

Northern Lightwave Meet

Post by Kevin F Stubb » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 04:57:55

OK, directions now mailed out to Colin, Cagey and badllarma. Have you all
received them ?

Does anyone else who expressed an interest in the original idea want me to send
them a copy of the directions ? For the record, this first meeting will be at my
place on Saturday 19th July from 2.00pm onwards.

Cheers

Kevin F Stubbs
Kayef Select Limited

Northern Lightwave Meet

Post by Cage » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 07:36:29

Received! See you all on the 19th.

Quote:> OK, directions now mailed out to Colin, Cagey and badllarma. Have you all
> received them ?

> Does anyone else who expressed an interest in the original idea want me to
send
> them a copy of the directions ? For the record, this first meeting will be
at my
> place on Saturday 19th July from 2.00pm onwards.

> Cheers

> Kevin F Stubbs
> Kayef Select Limited

Northern Lightwave Meet

Post by Colin Kai Heap » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 03:44:49

Got 'em Kevin!

Quote:>OK, directions now mailed out to Colin, Cagey and badllarma. Have you all
>received them ?

>Does anyone else who expressed an interest in the original idea want me to send
>them a copy of the directions ? For the record, this first meeting will be at my
>place on Saturday 19th July from 2.00pm onwards.

>Cheers

>Kevin F Stubbs
>Kayef Select Limited

1. Northen Lightwave Users meet UK

OK folks here it goes after a resent thread on the binaries group I think
it's about time the Lightwave users in the Northwest (UK) had a meet. It
seems most events are based in London or much further south and to have at
least one meet in the north of the UK once this year would not be too much
to ask? I hope ;-)

1) So here it goes we need sugestions for a location that has good transport
links to BOTH sides of the Pennines.
2) A suitable day (A Saturday/Sunday?)
3) A rough date to be thrashed out (this can be a few months away, yet )
after all sod law say most people will be going away this time of year or in
the near future.
4) I do not in any way consider myself the organiser of this event I'm just
throwing an idea into the ring, and I know this is not a new idea as it has
been tried before but it seeems more of us northerners have Lightwave in
light of a few threads I've seen else where than in the past so it's maybe
time to have another go.

So here my hat thrown in

Pub, A Satuday afternoon, October, (Right until we get to know where every
one is coming from the last bit is difficult to work out off the top of my
head I'd suggest Sheffield or Manchester or I don't know let me know what
you think even maybe some where further north? Wales?)

I'm based in Swinton (Manchester)
Kevin F Stubbs  Warrington
Gazmon  Chester (Newtek Groups thread)
Colkai  St Helens
Cagey   Stockport
Brizon forgot mate sorry just outside Sheffield wasn't it ?
Craig over near/around Sheffield (ref binary thread)
Paddy over near/around Sheffield (ref binary thread)

so there is 7 of us possibly?
ideas people?

andy

2. Creating a Window

3. Bay Area Lightwave User Group Meeting

4. FXtreme/PRO Product Information

5. LA Lightwave User Group August Meeting!

6. Fractal Landscapes using hexagon tiling

7. HOUSTON AREA LIGHTWAVE USERS GROUP MEETING 09.21.2000

8. CorelDRAW 8 features?

9. Toronto Lightwave User Group Meeting

10. San Diego Area Lightwave Users Meeting

11. HOUSTON AREA LIGHTWAVE USERS GROUP MEETING 08.17.2000

12. Bay Area Lightwave User Group Meeting on August 12th, 2000

13. JULY DFW Lightwave Users Meeting