Another Particle bug, or am I a moron?

Post by jedima.. » Thu, 11 Jan 2001 17:23:02

Don't be so quick to assume I'm the latter....
I posted a reply earlier mentioning this, but I thought I needed a new
thread.

I created a box with a hole in it (a desk drawer), starting with a
primitive box and a couple of smooth shifted polygons. My particles are
falling into it okay, but for some reason the hole they fall into is
not the actual hole in the model, really weird. It's like there is an
invisible ledge the particles hang on before dropping
inside the drawer, but only if they happen to roll into it. Can anyone
explain this one? I can provide the model to those
who'd like to give it a shot.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Another Particle bug, or am I a moron?

Post by adria » Thu, 11 Jan 2001 18:40:50

have u forgotten to turn the collision radius down?

> Don't be so quick to assume I'm the latter....
> I posted a reply earlier mentioning this, but I thought I needed a new
> thread.

> I created a box with a hole in it (a desk drawer), starting with a
> primitive box and a couple of smooth shifted polygons. My particles are
> falling into it okay, but for some reason the hole they fall into is
> not the actual hole in the model, really weird. It's like there is an
> invisible ledge the particles hang on before dropping
> inside the drawer, but only if they happen to roll into it. Can anyone
> explain this one? I can provide the model to those
> who'd like to give it a shot.

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Another Particle bug, or am I a moron?

Post by jedima.. » Thu, 11 Jan 2001 19:09:33

Forget it! Guess I was a moron. A reinstall occured on my system over
the weekend and someone put the beta on instead, I never even noticed.
all is good again in the world of particles... I'm off.

> Don't be so quick to assume I'm the latter....
> I posted a reply earlier mentioning this, but I thought I needed a new
> thread.

> I created a box with a hole in it (a desk drawer), starting with a
> primitive box and a couple of smooth shifted polygons. My particles
are
> falling into it okay, but for some reason the hole they fall into is
> not the actual hole in the model, really weird. It's like there is an
> invisible ledge the particles hang on before dropping
> inside the drawer, but only if they happen to roll into it. Can anyone
> explain this one? I can provide the model to those
> who'd like to give it a shot.

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Post by Exceptio » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 03:40:51

> Forget it! Guess I was a moron. A reinstall occured on my system over
> the weekend and someone put the beta on instead,

That someone wouldn't be you, right?

:)

Tom

1. MH3D or AM, particle systems?

Hello!  I'm looking into getting a different modeller for handling character
modelling and animation, but (if at all possible) I'd like to remain in the
same package for an entire project.  I'd like to have particle systems, a
good materials editor, and a flexible modeller - and hopefully a way to
reduce final poly counts for RT3D.  Will either of the Hash products handle
this task, or should I start saving up for 3DS MAX or Lightwave?

TIA

..ed..

2. Graphics tools for X under 386BSD or SparcClassic

3. Bug, or am I doing something wrong

4. Surface Suite good news.

5. PSP7 ... am seeing my first bug

6. to set up properly on a PC

7. Adv. Particle Question-particles emiting particles

8. Particles, particles particles

9. Mac Particle Storm bug

10. BUG - Particles & collision object

11. particle FX bug