Particles, particles particles

Post by mjf » Fri, 28 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I am way out of the loop. Can someone point me to the place where I can
find out about a particles plugin or something for LW 5.0. Used to be
sparks a long time ago what is it now? Thanks.
mjf

Post by Saleem Ghula » Fri, 28 Feb 1997 04:00:00

  I am way out of the loop. Can someone point me to the place where I
  can
  find out about a particles plugin or something for LW 5.0. Used to
  be
  sparks a long time ago what is it now? Thanks.
  mjf

 Try http://www.casterman.be/amerzone.htm, as far as I know it's not
been released yet.

Particles, particles particles

Post by Wolfgang Losk » Fri, 28 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I am way out of the loop. Can someone point me to the place where I can
> find out about a particles plugin or something for LW 5.0. Used to be
> sparks a long time ago what is it now? Thanks.

Sparks is dead, long live Particle Storm. Easy to use interface, many many
possibilities with wind, gravity, force fields, collision detection, ... and
so on.

Have a sneek peek at http://members.aol.com/virtualbri/lwpip.htm to
find out everthing about Lightwave Plug-Ins besides Particle Storm.

Enjoy and take a close look at the little link under "Amerzone's Volumetric
Plug-In".
Volumetric lighting soon in cinema near you.

Do I sound like a promoter ??? Yes, because I'm so happy my order of
SuperGlow
from Pontari Productions was processed within one hour
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Manuel Coat » Thu, 06 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> I am way out of the loop. Can someone point me to the place where I can
> find out about a particles plugin or something for LW 5.0. Used to be
> sparks a long time ago what is it now? Thanks.
> mjf

Point your browser to :

http://www.webcom.com/lghtspd

There you would will find a couple different particle system
plugins including Sparks and Particle Storm.  Just click on the
one you are interested in and it'll bring up some information for
you.

MC

1. Adv. Particle Question-particles emiting particles

Hello all,
Is it possible in Max2.5 for particles to emit other particles.
Specifically, lets say you use PBomb to explode a mesh (instead of Bomb
so you can use deflection, etc.), can the mesh faces, which are
technically "particles" emit another particle system such as smoke.  I
recall reading something about spawning but I am not sure if this would
be the way to do it.  I am specifically thinking about how in Alias, you
can explode a mesh and have the faces emit smoke but still be affected
by environmental variables such as wind, deflection, etc. because
essentially a "particle" is linked to each surface that allows it to
deflect etc., but the mesh face itself, which is not technically a
particle, emits the smoke system.  Maybe it is just terminology but do
you see the difference?  How do you do this in Max?

2. Discoball model ..

3. cebas thinking particles vs. digimation particle studio

4. POV scenes previewer or s

5. Particle Storm - how to reflect particles

6. AVI Plugin Rendering

7. Particle Storm - constraining particles

8. Particle plug-ins: Sparks or Particle Storm?

9. particle events and killing particles?

10. Could particle instancer inherit particle's rgbPP?

11. Illusion v1.1 -- particle effects

12. Xmas Animations with Cel, Particle, Branch, 3D, and Vector