Slow HV3

Post by Bartosz Borut » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi
Is it true that HV3 is 3x slower than HV2 ?
Is it true that HV3 doesn't have 'doubler' and that's why is so slow ?
And is it true that HV3 is not compatible with HV2 - surface files from HV2
are not recognized by HV3 ?

Regards
Bartek

Slow HV3

Post by Ivan Smit » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00

HV3 is *faster* than HV2 and doesn't need a doubler. You have several levels
of quality that take care of doubler. Most people don't adjust the quality
setting and that's why they  make this claim about HV3.

Ivan

Quote:> Hi
> Is it true that HV3 is 3x slower than HV2 ?
> Is it true that HV3 doesn't have 'doubler' and that's why is so slow ?
> And is it true that HV3 is not compatible with HV2 - surface files from
HV2
> are not recognized by HV3 ?

> Regards
> Bartek

Slow HV3

Post by Benjamin Smit » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Is it true that HV3 is 3x slower than HV2 ?

I can't comment on that because I never used HV2

Quote:> Is it true that HV3 doesn't have 'doubler' and that's why is so slow ?

This is certainly true, however.  Unless the 'doubler' is built into it
transparently and I didn't notice.

Quote:> And is it true that HV3 is not compatible with HV2 - surface files from
HV2
> are not recognized by HV3 ?

Haven't checked, but I would imagine so.

Benjamin Smith
Stormfront Digital Pictures
Sheffield, England
www.stormfront.demon.co.uk

1. Illustrator 9 Slow Slow Slow

I know this has been discussed...   have there been any definitive
solutions to this problem?

I'm running Illustrator 9 on a g3/300 with system 9.04 (base set of
extensions - nothing added on) and it can take over five minutes(!) to
place an image (albeit a large image at 30"x40") into a fresh
illustrator doc.

I have Illustrator's memory set to 100 megs and my machine has 256
megs...   nothing helps.

ideas?

thanks in advance

2. Quark conversions

3. slow, slow, slow

4. Question about flattening pages

5. canvas->pixel is slow slow slow...

6. Help! Does anybody know how to convert Flic animation to QuickTime movie file?

7. JPEG + DELPHI = sloooow, slow slow slow

8. Capture board

9. Screamers and HV3

10. HV3 issues

11. HV3 Tutorial 2001

12. HV3 Dont render behind transparent objects!!Again with proves