AMD K6 CPU'S

Post by Corky Courtrigh » Tue, 01 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone know if there has been any problems running
LW 5.0 or LW 5.5 with the AMD K6 200 or 233 Mhz processors?

Thanx,

Morty

1. AMD K6-2/III cpu performance?

Hello,

I currently have a K6-2/400 processor that I would like
to eventually upgrade.  I must admit that I was disappointed
when the K6-III processors were discontinued at the 450MHz
level.  The Socket7 compatibility between the processors
was a strong reason I selected that architecture.

My question is this:  Which Socket7 K6-X processor will give
me the best performance improvement over my current CPU?

My home system has a Lucky Star MPV4 motherboard with 128MB
of ram.  Besides the normal MSOffice applications, I occasionally
develop software for 3D graphics applications, which involves
repeated compiles and execution.  My graphics platform is
a Voodoo3-based card, and the software is in OpenGL.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

--
Steve Luoma
----

2. JPEG image compression: Frequently Asked Questions

3. ??? AMD K6-2/400 CPU ???

4. Crop tool

5. AMD K6-2/III cpu performance?

6. 3D-ACE Now non-exclusive (open to all)

7. AMD-K6 to K6-2

8. **** SHORT RUN FULL COLOR NETWORK PRINTER ****^

9. AMD's K6 chip and PS

10. AMD CPU's

11. AMD / Cyrix CPU's and LightWave?

12. Fastest motherboard for AMD K6 233MMX???????????

13. :AMD-K6 200 and VC++ 6 compile of POV-Ray