lightwave 7.5 to lightwave 5.6 format, layer be losted

lightwave 7.5 to lightwave 5.6 format, layer be losted

Post by Gonna » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 03:10:08

Hello! everyone,
I have modeled a building in LW7.5, the model have many layers and
every layers have be named ("wall, floor, ceiling"). After I exported
my doc to "lightwave 5.x" format in LW7.5 and reopened it in LW5.6c, I
find that only first layer be exported successfully, but all other
layer have be losted.

Want know why I exported the doc to lightwave 5.x format? For
Lightscape.
I want exported the building model to Lightscape finally. But the
lightscape can only imported the lightwave 5.x documents.

lightwave 7.5 to lightwave 5.6 format, layer be losted

Post by Mohh » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:53:29

I think that version does not support layers. Try to put everything in one
layer and save. Be aware that you are limited on how many points and polys
an object can have.

Quote:> Hello! everyone,
> I have modeled a building in LW7.5, the model have many layers and
> every layers have be named ("wall, floor, ceiling"). After I exported
> my doc to "lightwave 5.x" format in LW7.5 and reopened it in LW5.6c, I
> find that only first layer be exported successfully, but all other
> layer have be losted.

> Want know why I exported the doc to lightwave 5.x format? For
> Lightscape.
> I want exported the building model to Lightscape finally. But the
> lightscape can only imported the lightwave 5.x documents.

lightwave 7.5 to lightwave 5.6 format, layer be losted

Post by Chris Brizo » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:07:28

pre 6.x .lwo formats didn't really support multiple layers. You could save a
special format which would retain the layer information, but that would only
load back into modeler. Exporting to 5.x format will just save the active
layers as far as I know

--

Sincerely

Chris Brizon
Managing Director: Hades Animation Studios
www.hades-studios.com

(remove "yourinhibitions" to reply)
--

Quote:> Hello! everyone,
> I have modeled a building in LW7.5, the model have many layers and
> every layers have be named ("wall, floor, ceiling"). After I exported
> my doc to "lightwave 5.x" format in LW7.5 and reopened it in LW5.6c, I
> find that only first layer be exported successfully, but all other
> layer have be losted.

> Want know why I exported the doc to lightwave 5.x format? For
> Lightscape.
> I want exported the building model to Lightscape finally. But the
> lightscape can only imported the lightwave 5.x documents.

1. Lightwave 5.6 Lightwave 5.6 Lightwave 5.6 Lightwave 5.6

Hello !

I downloaded the lightwave 5.5 to 5.6 update.. work good, but when I
start the prog there is the Hardware lock back on...

Does anybody of you have a Crack ? Or know how to run it ?

thanks !

martin

2. sPatch's import function?

3. Lightwave 5.6 or 5.6 wanted

4. Retouching

5. 5.6 gizmo to 7.5?

6. Drawing text vertically in TImage

7. FS: Lightwave 7.5 USB

8. Computational Sciences Workshop '95

9. FS: Lightwave 7.5 DUO

10. Bryce 5 and Lightwave 7.5

11. Lightwave 7.5 --delete motion key generic plug -in

12. The Lightwave 7.5 Primer

13. The LightWave 7.5 Primer