Put function stopped working, LW5.6

Post by Mark Whitne » Mon, 03 Apr 2000 05:00:00

Hey all,

A couple weeks ago, the "Put" function between Layout & Molder decided to
stop working.  Actually, it became intermittent first then stopped
altogether whcih is even stranger. When I try it, it appears momentarily to
update the object in
Layout (I've dual monitors), but then I get an error message from saying it
can't export the current layer(s); I'm only exporting one layer.  The "Get"
function works fine still.  So, instead I simply save in Molder then do an
object replacement in layout; more a nuisance than anything but it bugs me
that it's not working as it did.

I'm not aware of making any recent changes  system or otherwise. Config
files & content path seem correct.  I've tested with Molder launched from
layout and independently from the desktop icon w/ same results.

NT4, SP5, 256M RAM.

Thanks in advance of any help.

M.

Put function stopped working, LW5.6

Post by d.. » Mon, 03 Apr 2000 05:00:00

On Sun, 02 Apr 2000 17:42:52 GMT, "Mark Whitney"

>Hey all,

>A couple weeks ago, the "Put" function between Layout & Molder decided to
>stop working.  Actually, it became intermittent first then stopped
>altogether whcih is even stranger. When I try it, it appears momentarily to
>update the object in
>Layout (I've dual monitors), but then I get an error message from saying it
>can't export the current layer(s); I'm only exporting one layer.  The "Get"
>function works fine still.  So, instead I simply save in Molder then do an
>object replacement in layout; more a nuisance than anything but it bugs me
>that it's not working as it did.

>I'm not aware of making any recent changes  system or otherwise. Config
>files & content path seem correct.  I've tested with Molder launched from
>layout and independently from the desktop icon w/ same results.

>NT4, SP5, 256M RAM.

>Thanks in advance of any help.

>M.

Check your lw.cfg and lwm.cfg files and make sure the temp folder is
the same for both. I saw something like this in L56 and it turned out
to be caused by messing with folders and I inadvertantly deleted the
previous temp folder.

Change the 'Y' in my domain name to 'E' in order
to send email.

Post by Mark Whitne » Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> On Sun, 02 Apr 2000 17:42:52 GMT, "Mark Whitney"

> >Hey all,
> >A couple weeks ago, the "Put" function between Layout & Molder decided to
> >stop working.  Actually, it became intermittent first then stopped
> >altogether whcih is even stranger. > >

> Check your lw.cfg and lwm.cfg files and make sure the temp folder is
> the same for both. I saw something like this in L56 and it turned out
> to be caused by messing with folders and I inadvertantly deleted the
> previous temp folder.

That seemed to do the trick.  Thanks.  Wonder why/how it got changed?

M.

Put function stopped working, LW5.6

Post by Defian » Mon, 17 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Check your lw.cfg and lwm.cfg files and make sure the temp folder is
>the same for both. I saw something like this in L56 and it turned out
>to be caused by messing with folders and I inadvertantly deleted the
>previous temp folder.

I once had a problem that after I started using the Put / Get
functions, neither Lightwave nor Modeller would load properly. I
finally had to remove both the CFG files. Then it worked.

--
Defiance

"Qui-Gon's defiance I sense in you. Need that you do not."

1. Color functions stop working

I've been using Photoshop 5.x for a few years and today it suddenly
developed the strangest problem. It will only paint and save images in
grayscale. Color displays on the screen when I open the color palette
and also when there is no file open. But as soon as I open any image
file, everything turns gray.

I don't remember changing any settings. I've tried removing the
configuration files and generating new ones, but nothing changed.
Help!

2. Ignore backface in Edit/Editable patch.

3. LW5.5 Modeler's GET & PUT

4. OT:Fishing report

5. Function in a function does not work.

6. SetBounds

7. help with putting the Crop function into an action

8. View frustum plane equations?

9. WTB: Intel LW5.0 w/registration and working dongle

10. LW5.5 Patch not working...

11. Does Vertilectric 1.0 work with LW5.5

12. wacom pad stops working