Moving Scenes ?! HELP ?!

Post by David Wilso » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Is there anyway to move a scene inside another. I mean physically move
as in the move command in LW.

i.e. I import one room into another, and then want to position the room
I just imported lights and all, any ways you know how ?

-Dave

Moving Scenes ?! HELP ?!

Quote:

--

If you had parented everything in the first scene to a NULL handle,
then you would have been able to move everything by just moving that

Does anyone else know of a better remedy?

//H?kan
_____________________

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Moving Scenes ?! HELP ?!

Post by Mark Dunaki » Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Yes. You need to first set up your room scene to have "everything" parented
to a null object. Then do your load from scene and then simply drag that
null for that scene around. And there you go!
..................md : )

--
Check out my Tutorials:

MD arts
Mark Dunakin

http://www.tmisnet.com/~md/

"When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like Grandpa did,
not screaming like the passengers in his car."

1. Moving scene from max 2.5 to max 3

I'm currently working on a scene in max 2.5.  All the models, lighting,
and environmental settings
of the scene are done.  I'm about to upgrade to max 3.1.  I was
wondering if I move the scene to
3.1, will I lose all the environmental settings?  I was told that this
might happen if I moved the scene
to 3.1, and to make note of all environmental settings so that I could
restore them in 3.1.  Is this incorrect?

Thanks for any help.

J. Chang

2. Protecting AutoLISP Programs

3. Free LW Moving Background scene

4. Corel Draw

5. Newbie ? RE moving objects in scene

6. Request Assistance

7. Move scene plug-in

8. Intersection Algorithms

9. SGI scene move macro?

10. Moving scenes from 4.0 to 5.0?

11. To move in a scene

12. Moving OpenGL scenes between applications?

13. Move the scene with the mouse ?