What is Brad Peebler doing with the new Mac 5 and showcasing: Luxology?

What is Brad Peebler doing with the new Mac 5 and showcasing: Luxology?

Post by barf » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:08:52

Any thoughts? Went to the Luxology site... no real info, besides it
was mentioned it is designed to "Play well with others"  ie. other 3D
apps... What the Hey!?!? I guess we all shall see the SIGGRAPH
announcement for the official unveiling.

Here is the link and see for yourselves:
http://www.apple.com/powermac/video/introvideo480.html

Post by Tesselato » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:43:09

> Any thoughts? Went to the Luxology site... no real info, besides it
> was mentioned it is designed to "Play well with others"  ie. other 3D
> apps... What the Hey!?!? I guess we all shall see the SIGGRAPH
> announcement for the official unveiling.

> Here is the link and see for yourselves:
> http://www.apple.com/powermac/video/introvideo480.html

I donno /why/ he's doing it.  $$ I guess?  But it's typical Peebleristic
ummm, commentary.  Catch this quote:

    "...artists like to use lots of different programs.  Well, they don't
     have to worry about compatability with thier old programs and thier
     new programs.  They're just gonna work. ..."

I donno first hand cuz I don't have any NEW macs (I'm still on OS8
and I like 7.5.5 or 6.8 :)  but the 4 or 5 guys I do know that have
to /work/ with them sound exactly like the guy in this rant:

     http://www.ancientspear.com/mac.wmv

that faultline posted.

1. Brad Peebler (Revisited)

No this isn't a rant about one of NewTek's employees.  Oh Darn!  Right?

But wait you're in luck  There's lots of great info in this.
Ok, you LW-super-geeks,  yeah this is old.  But it is about [L7]
and there's lots of questions I'm reading here that are answered
in this (one hour) audio track.

    http://216.92.236.186/Intro_edit04.mp3
    http://216.92.236.186/hr25_2001-08-17_open.mp3
    http://216.92.236.186/hr25_2001-08-17_news.mp3
    http://216.92.236.186/hr25_2001-08-17_reviews.mp3
 *  http://216.92.236.186/hr25_2001-08-17_brad-peebler_interview_pt1.mp3
 *  http://216.92.236.186/hr25_2001-08-17_brad-peebler_interview_pt2.mp3
 *  http://216.92.236.186/hr25_2001-08-17_brad-peebler_interview_pt3.mp3
    http://216.92.236.186/hr25_2001-08-17_close.mp3

2. Problems with glDrawPixels

3. Brad Peebler On-Line Interview about Lightwave 7 at Hour 25

4. Tiled Images - One More Time

5. Brad Peebler of NewTek responds to the WaveFilter open letter

6. Error using vertex buffer

7. Brad Peebler on CNET Radio Today!!!

8. Displaying the current time on any screen without flickering?

9. Brad Peebler Speaks

10. Open offer to Chuck Baker and Brad Peebler.

11. Open Letter to Brad Peebler from Flight

12. Some New Sci-fi stuff I am doing

13. Hi, I am doing a paper on 3D-boards, and I am looking for definitions