Hypervoxels dont cast shadows with shadow mapped spot

Hypervoxels dont cast shadows with shadow mapped spot

Post by dr » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Is there anyway to get a hypervoxel to cast a shadow when using a spotlight
with shadowmaps?

Hypervoxels dont cast shadows with shadow mapped spot

Post by Darren I Thompso » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Have to activate the Hypervoxels shader for the surface you wish the shadow
to fall on.

--
Darren I Thompson
New Magic Pty Ltd

Quote:> Is there anyway to get a hypervoxel to cast a shadow when using a
spotlight
> with shadowmaps?

Hypervoxels dont cast shadows with shadow mapped spot

Post by dr » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Where do I find that.
I looked under 'shaders' in the 'surface editor', but there is no mention of
hypervoxels.?

> Have to activate the Hypervoxels shader for the surface you wish the
shadow
> to fall on.

> --
> Darren I Thompson
> New Magic Pty Ltd

> > Is there anyway to get a hypervoxel to cast a shadow when using a
> spotlight
> > with shadowmaps?

Hypervoxels dont cast shadows with shadow mapped spot

Post by dr » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 04:00:00

OOps, I had to add it.
However, adding the HV shader (ie. on the floor) did not produce any shadows
from the HV object when I use shadow mapping for the spotlight, only works
with raytrace....