New User - Saving Scenes (not saving surfaces)

New User - Saving Scenes (not saving surfaces)

Post by John Pee » Mon, 16 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to learn Character animation with Lightwave 5.5 and have been
doing exercises from the lightwave power guide.

Currently I have a model which has a standard grey surface called SKIN to
which I have applied a texture called LIZARDSKIN.SRF.

I see the model rendered with the LIZARDSKIN.SRF texture  and am able to
save it.  However when I clear and reload or restart and re load the
LIZARDSKIN.SRF texture is missing and I see only the standard grey SKIN
surface.

Thanks in advance for any help with this problem.

John Peel

New User - Saving Scenes (not saving surfaces)

Post by Shadow » Mon, 16 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I see the model rendered with the LIZARDSKIN.SRF texture  and am able to
>save it.  However when I clear and reload or restart and re load the
>LIZARDSKIN.SRF texture is missing and I see only the standard grey SKIN
>surface.

Try reading page 3.6 in the reference manual.  It should explain it quite
clearly.  By the way, I hate to refer people to the manual, when I could easily
tell them how to do it.  But this seems to be the question that piraters ask
the most, and I figure that if they can't save their surfaces then they will
probably get discouraged and stop using it.

OA

Animator for Sale

1. Lightwave Surfaces not saved with scene.

Hi,

Hope someone may be able to help us !

We use lightwave (PC version 5.5) and whenever we load in a previously
saved scene, it doesn't load back in the surfaces that we applied be for
saving.

So everytime we have to reload the surfaces manually.

Can anyone tell us what we're missing here !!

Thanks in adavance

Ian Pare

2. textures

3. L6 surfaces not saving??

4. MacPaint file format plugin

5. LW 5.5 not saving my surfaces?

6. Questions about Open Inventor

7. Layout is not saving my surfaces?

8. XP: Faster load time for thumbnail images?

9. Surface not saved !

10. merge scene and save 2 d pict in bryce 2

11. Saving more than one scene to same computer

12. Save bitmap background with rendered scene???

13. LW Hub - Auto save LW scene