LW 6.0 Screenshot??? (Not mine)

Post by D.M.S » Sun, 04 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Well, who could tell if it's real or not...anyone with a simple paint program
could have created it.  However, if it IS real, I like most of what I see.  I
sincerely hope that Lightwave will still be two separate programs, though.  To
me that's one of the best things about the program.

cheers, (always wanted to say that)

DMS

> I was surfing the web, and came across this image on some geocities
> site. Anyway, I've attached a (probably fake) screenshot of LW 6.0 Beta.
> What makes me wonder is the strange way the 6.0 looks in the title bar.
> Anyway, I thought this might whet a few appetites.

> BTW: People, take this whatever way you want... I'm just the delivery
> boy this time.

> It's not mine.
> --
> Michael C. Hollinger
>  -- If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the
> computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per
> gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  [Image]

LW 6.0 Screenshot??? (Not mine)

Post by Eki Halkk » Mon, 05 Apr 1999 05:00:00

> I was surfing the web, and came across this image on some geocities
> site. Anyway, I've attached a (probably fake) screenshot of LW 6.0 Beta.
> What makes me wonder is the strange way the 6.0 looks in the title bar.
> Anyway, I thought this might whet a few appetites.

First of all: isn't this non-binaries group?

2nd: It's either fake or BAD design from newtek's part ;-)

Why two separate "file" buttons? Why two separate "object" buttons? etc.

Looks like someone just stitched Modeler/Layout together and added some
teasers.

Funny though... maybe we could all post our dream-LW interfaces ;-)

CU
--
- Eki

http://www.kolumbus.fi/erkki.halkka/

*************************************
******** warp9.to/soapwish **********
*************************************

LW 6.0 Screenshot??? (Not mine)

Post by Fish » Mon, 05 Apr 1999 05:00:00

No..... not again !!!!

--
RONALD VAN VEMDEN

*FISH LABORATORIES
3D animation & computergraphics
http://www.*fish.nl

> > I was surfing the web, and came across this image on some geocities
> > site. Anyway, I've attached a (probably fake) screenshot of LW 6.0 Beta.
> > What makes me wonder is the strange way the 6.0 looks in the title bar.
> > Anyway, I thought this might whet a few appetites.

> First of all: isn't this non-binaries group?

> 2nd: It's either fake or BAD design from newtek's part ;-)

> Why two separate "file" buttons? Why two separate "object" buttons? etc.

> Looks like someone just stitched Modeler/Layout together and added some
> teasers.

> Funny though... maybe we could all post our dream-LW interfaces ;-)

> CU
> --
> - Eki

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> *************************************
> ******** warp9.to/soapwish **********
> *************************************

LW 6.0 Screenshot??? (Not mine)

Post by Tanner Boni » Mon, 05 Apr 1999 05:00:00

Am I the only one disappointed by the combination of the modeler and layout?
I thought it was kinda of nice that I couldn't accidentaly deform my model
very easily when I was in layout. I heard they were going this way in 6.0,
but I would have to fight against it. Also, there has to be some memory
concerns while slapping the two programs together! But that's just what I
think.

Tanner

Quote:> I was surfing the web, and came across this image on some geocities
> site. Anyway, I've attached a (probably fake) screenshot of LW 6.0 Beta.
> What makes me wonder is the strange way the 6.0 looks in the title bar.
> Anyway, I thought this might whet a few appetites.

> BTW: People, take this whatever way you want... I'm just the delivery
> boy this time.

> It's not mine.
> --
> Michael C. Hollinger
>  -- If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the
> computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per
> gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

LW 6.0 Screenshot??? (Not mine)

Post by SkySk » Mon, 05 Apr 1999 05:00:00

I would like it if Lightwave put Modeler and Layout together like Ray Dream
Studio

> Well, who could tell if it's real or not...anyone with a simple paint
program
> could have created it.  However, if it IS real, I like most of what I see.
> sincerely hope that Lightwave will still be two separate programs, though.
> me that's one of the best things about the program.

> cheers, (always wanted to say that)

> DMS

> > I was surfing the web, and came across this image on some geocities
> > site. Anyway, I've attached a (probably fake) screenshot of LW 6.0 Beta.
> > What makes me wonder is the strange way the 6.0 looks in the title bar.
> > Anyway, I thought this might whet a few appetites.

> > BTW: People, take this whatever way you want... I'm just the delivery
> > boy this time.

> > It's not mine.
> > --
> > Michael C. Hollinger
> >  -- If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the
> > computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per
> > gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

Quote:> >  [Image]

LW 6.0 Screenshot??? (Not mine)

Post by Mike » Mon, 05 Apr 1999 05:00:00

Well it actually looks similar to an image I saw posted on*.com a while
back from a magazine article about lightwave.

I dont really care what the interface looks like, once you know the quickeys
it dosent really matter anyway where things are located. Also I just want
everything to work the way it should and also an expanded lightwave toolset
and a film quality renderer.

Mike foy

LW 6.0 Screenshot??? (Not mine)

Post by Michael Stetso » Mon, 05 Apr 1999 05:00:00

>I dont really care what the interface looks like, once you know the
quickeys
>it dosent really matter anyway where things are located. Also I just want
>everything to work the way it should and also an expanded lightwave toolset
>and a film quality renderer.

LW already has a film quality renderer.

LW 6.0 Screenshot??? (Not mine)

Post by Julian Kai » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

This isn't real -- the same pic was posted several months ago, but with a
girl in the view instead of the robot (and the designer admitted that it was
fake). No need to get e*d.

--
Julian Kain
Visit Julian Kain's 6MB of the World:

Quote:> I was surfing the web, and came across this image on some geocities
> site. Anyway, I've attached a (probably fake) screenshot of LW 6.0 Beta.
> What makes me wonder is the strange way the 6.0 looks in the title bar.
> Anyway, I thought this might whet a few appetites.

> BTW: People, take this whatever way you want... I'm just the delivery
> boy this time.

> It's not mine.
> --
> Michael C. Hollinger
>  -- If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the
> computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per
> gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

----

LW 6.0 Screenshot??? (Not mine)

Post by Mike » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I was under the impression that it didnt, I was alwaly told it only
outputted 24 bit.
If I am in fact wrong  please email me the stats.

Mike Foy

Post by Adrian Gra » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> >LW already has a film quality renderer.

> I was under the impression that it didnt, I was alwaly told it only
> outputted 24 bit.
> If I am in fact wrong  please email me the stats.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics. Don't get caught up in the bullshit of
numbers... My camera is better because it has 620 lines Rez and yours only
has 590... NTSC must be better 'cause it scans at 29.97 frames a second, and
PAL's only 25... But I read the new version of 3D superwahoozie comes with
14.2 axis of rotation....

Believe your eyes, and the final print. If you have not seen film quality
rendering from Lightwave, then you haven't seen many effects movies lately.

Adrian Gray                                       ICQ #32205182
"Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of."

LW 6.0 Screenshot??? (Not mine)

Post by Darren Thompso » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Ha- well put Adrien :-)

---------------------
Darren Thompson
Lightwave Technical Support Division for New Magic Australia
----------------------
Hours          9:00-5:30 Mon-Fri EST

ICQ#            32040230
Ph.              +61 3 9723 4650
----------------------

LW 6.0 Screenshot??? (Not mine)

Post by SelRecor » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Gods! A layout that is remeniscent of 3D Mox?!? NOOOOO!!!!!

Yeah, It is fake.

LW 6.0 Screenshot??? (Not mine)

Post by Per Kihlbor » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Gods! A layout that is remeniscent of 3D Mox?!? NOOOOO!!!!!

> Yeah, It is fake.

Here's a another one that I got from my
cousins-mothers-nephews-sisters-husband who is working as an animator on a
new top-secret project from George Lucas.
http://members.xoom.com/kihlborg/lw6.gif

Per Kihlborg - http://members.xoom.com/kihlborg

LW 6.0 Screenshot??? (Not mine)

Post by Chuck Dotso » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

ROTFLMAO!

    Not only is it funny, but it's a better fake!

Thanks!

Chuck Dotson
"If I were creating a world I wouldn't mess about with
butterflies and daffodils. I would've started with lasers--
eight o' clock, day one."

>> Gods! A layout that is remeniscent of 3D Mox?!? NOOOOO!!!!!

>> Yeah, It is fake.

>Here's a another one that I got from my
>cousins-mothers-nephews-sisters-husband who is working as an animator on a
>new top-secret project from George Lucas.
>http://members.xoom.com/kihlborg/lw6.gif

>Per Kihlborg - http://members.xoom.com/kihlborg

1. pc lw 6.0, not enough memory for bounding heirachy

i get the following erro when attempting to do a realistic render using
lw 6 on intel of an object. no raytracing is turned on.

 "not enough memory for bounding heirachy"

why is this ?! is this due to some polygon number limitation? how do a
get around it?!

  xian.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Overlapping Polygons

3. CONVINCING 6.0 SCREENSHOT AT FLAY !!!

4. adjustment layer that adjust only one layer?

5. LW 6 screenshot

6. Free Web Graphics - Halloween Images Added

7. Lw 6 screenshot ?where?..

8. ScreenShot Contest / WIN FREE COPIES OF SCREENSHOT

9. LW 6.0 - LW 6.5 Difference?

10. Getting a screenshot / canvas of a not visible form

11. lw 6.0 beta

12. A dell set up for LW 6.0****************