best rendering CPU: PPro or PII?

Post by Brandon Davi » Sun, 18 May 1997 04:00:00

Believe me, you won't see much of a difference if you go with a PII,
unless of course you're using MMX enhanced apps.  If you're running MAX
on NT go with a dual PPro system.  The chips have dropped again in price
and now you can get a dual motherboard w/ CPUs for just under $2000.  I
went from a P133 to a PPro 200 and it has made all the difference.  Oh
and while you're at it, put a PermediaNT-based video card in too (approx
$550).  Forget Matrox or Diamond's 3D, 3D Labs accelerators are serious.

Quote:> fixing to upgrade.. all this time i thought i'd be getting a

--
Brandon Davis
Digital Jerk of All Trades

Post by Philip H. Scarborough » Mon, 19 May 1997 04:00:00

fixing to upgrade.. all this time i thought i'd be getting a
dual PPro 200.. now the PII 266 is out.. should i go with that?
the extra speed Max can use, but not the mmx stuff.. anybody know?

thanx

1. PPro vs. PII for Rendering

I have a 200 MHz PPro and am wondering how much of a performance boost
I'd get from a PII-400 ... from the Intel "Composite" performance curves
it's twice
as fast, but I hear people say the 200 MHz PPro 256K is comparable to a
300 MHz
PII for rendering 3D Studio files.

2. Pagemaker to Quark??? help!

3. Dual PPro 180 or Single PII?

4. Where is IronMike ? (Repost)

5. | FS: P6 PPro 200 CPU's 4/7 |

6. Info on selecting a platform

7. Macintosh TIFF files--HELP

8. Mini GL for S3 Savage on non PII CPU

9. HELP: Dual PPro 200 (256mb) or Dual PII 266 (128mb) or Single PII 300 for new workstation ?

10. PII and PII Zeons use different slots/Motherboards?

11. Best graphicscard for about 800 $ on dual-PII System