polygon modelling reorder??

Post by Piers Co » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 07:03:43

Hello all..

Is there a tool for polygons like the one for NURBS that re-creates the
surface.

can't remember what it's called off hand, but for nurbs you can specify how
you want the surface recreated... e.g. U or V isoparms, CV surface, how many
isoparms etc etc...

is there a similar tool for polygons... to make a nice neat mesh from the
result of lots of boolean operations??

Thanks in advance

Piers

--
http://www.pierscoe1.co.uk
3D Graphics and Modelling

polygon modelling reorder??

Post by stefke » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 19:19:45

Have you tried resetting the end result to an editable mesh and then apply
some optimise on it?

If you have used booleans, you'll often end up with long spiky polygons next
to round features.

Or try some subdivision and smoothing and optimise afterwards...

(A bit like blurring & smoothing with pixels...)

Quote:> Hello all..

> Is there a tool for polygons like the one for NURBS that re-creates the
> surface.

> can't remember what it's called off hand, but for nurbs you can specify
how
> you want the surface recreated... e.g. U or V isoparms, CV surface, how
many
> isoparms etc etc...

> is there a similar tool for polygons... to make a nice neat mesh from the
> result of lots of boolean operations??

> Thanks in advance

> Piers

> --
> http://www.pierscoe1.co.uk
> 3D Graphics and Modelling

1. Yet Another Stupid Question - I hope polygon modelling

Does anyone know a good tutorial on polygon modelling and how it is
done? Specifically how to selct and move the points around in a mesh.
I've collapsed the objects to a mesh with mesh select (or should I use
Convert to editable mesh? I'm using R3.0) but once I select any
vertices, faces, or edges in sub-object mode all the move,
rotate,scale tools aren't available.

I know I managed to do this before but it was more luck than anything
else. I have Inside 3D Studio Max 3 by New Riders, but the polygon
modelling section is very vague. Also how are smoothing groups and
material ID's set properly?

thanks

Simon
Keep all options open

UIN 11123737

2. Unanswered Questions - where are the Gurus ?

3. Low polygon modelling without primitives

4. No supported terminal under MS Windows!

5. Low polygon modelling without primitives and lofting

6. HSV, YUV and YIQ colour models for image processing.

7. 3-D modelling NOT using polygons

8. polygon modelling tools

9. Polygon Modelling Problem.

10. Low polygon modelling