QUESTION: 3D Studio MAX (Release 2) SDK

Post by Rodger D. Ballar » Tue, 04 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi everyone,

    I am wish to make a export plugin for 3DSMAXr2 that allows you to export
your mesh to Quake 2 MD2 format. Now I am not having ANY difficulty in
finding Quake 2 MD2 format specs, piece of cake. I am however having grave
difficulty in trying to figure out how to get the SDK for 3DSMAXr2. Is it
possible to do this with like MAXScript or do you believe it'll be a coding
issue. Either way it doesn't matter too much to me, I can do either one, but
I DO wish I would have some info on what URL to go to get the SDK. I am at
www.ktx.com and it just ISN'T clear what or WHERE I am supposed to get it
from. I see the SDK docs, but not the SDK itself. I seen something about a
developer program, does that have it? If so does that cost money? I mean
this is a SIMPLE thing I want to make, maybe a few hours work, and presto
instant export plugin. Don't want to go into $1000 debt to make this. :)

QUESTION: 3D Studio MAX (Release 2) SDK

Post by Brian Rudol » Tue, 04 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi everyone,

>    I am wish to make a export plugin for 3DSMAXr2 that allows you to export
>your mesh to Quake 2 MD2 format. Now I am not having ANY difficulty in
>finding Quake 2 MD2 format specs, piece of cake. I am however having grave
>difficulty in trying to figure out how to get the SDK for 3DSMAXr2. Is it
>possible to do this with like MAXScript or do you believe it'll be a coding
>issue. Either way it doesn't matter too much to me, I can do either one, but
>I DO wish I would have some info on what URL to go to get the SDK. I am at
>www.ktx.com and it just ISN'T clear what or WHERE I am supposed to get it
>from. I see the SDK docs, but not the SDK itself. I seen something about a
>developer program, does that have it? If so does that cost money? I mean
>this is a SIMPLE thing I want to make, maybe a few hours work, and presto
>instant export plugin. Don't want to go into $1000 debt to make this. :)

the MAX SDk and DOC's are on the MAX CD-ROM.

there is also a developers Network Program, you can call
Autodesk/Kinetix at 415-507-5000 and ask about the Autodesk developers
Network.

-Brian

_________________________________
Brian Rudolph
Autodesk/Kinetix Product Support

---------------------------------

QUESTION: 3D Studio MAX (Release 2) SDK

Post by AnimationFX, In » Wed, 05 Nov 1997 04:00:00

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997 03:49:26 -0800, "Rodger D. Ballard"

>Hi everyone,

>    I am wish to make a export plugin for 3DSMAXr2 that allows you to export
>your mesh to Quake 2 MD2 format. Now I am not having ANY difficulty in
>finding Quake 2 MD2 format specs, piece of cake. I am however having grave
>difficulty in trying to figure out how to get the SDK for 3DSMAXr2...

I haven't gotten my upgrade copy of Max 2 yet but from what I've read
the SDK should be included on the install CD-ROM... I'll let you know
for sure when my upgrade package arrives at my dealer.