Using a video camera as as input

Post by Dominique Unru » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:17:10

I've got a digital video camera (Sony TRV14E),
connected it via FireWire (Adaptec FireConnect 4300) to my computer,
and would like to use it in 3DS Max as an image input device
(e.g. Views > Viewport Background > Background Source Tab > Devices...)

But in the "Select Image Input Device" dialog I only get "No I/O handlers
found".

Does any one know where I could get a (hopefully free) plugin/driver for
attaching my camera?

Thanks in advance.
DniQ.

Using a video camera as as input

Post by MDS » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:51:33

Devices-Displays the Select Image Input Device dialog. This lets you use a
background from a digital device. (No device is supported by the default 3ds
max installation.)

thats in the help file.

you must have to find some sort of 'firewire' driver for max to be able to
use the camera.

Matt

Using a video camera as as input

Post by Dominique Unru » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 00:02:02

Quote:> you must have to find some sort of 'firewire' driver for max to be able to
> use the camera.

Yes. I think so, too. But so far, I have been unable to find such a driver.

Does anyone know where to find it?

DniQ.

1. Problems using Video For Windows With USB Video Cameras

Hi,

I am having problems using the capDriverConnect Macro for Video For Windows
with USB cameras.  I am using the VB equivalent of vfw.h, which I obtained
from www.ejbantz.com .

I can only use capDriverConnect with a Index value of 0

i.e.  capDriverConnect(lwndC, 0)

If I use any other number I am prompted with the Dialog box raised from the
capDlgVideoSource macro.

This means I have trouble getting a list of drivers and connecting to other,
or multiple Cameras, without user intervention (which I don't want).

Has anyone else successfully done this with Video For Windows, or any other
method ?

2. Why replace a channel?

3. Using S-VHS input with Video Capture 1.0.1

4. Net Rendering Problem...

5. Using two video inputs on INDY

6. Sun Solaris/Motif External Display Manager????

7. Low Speed Measurement Using Video Camera?

8. Low Speed Measurement Using Video Camera

9. Low Speed Measurement Using Video Camera?

10. Galileo -- Syncronizing output video with input video -- HELP!

11. camera inputs?