pharlab.386 needed...

pharlab.386 needed...

Post by Dick Lelyvel » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 20:13:50



Seems like ages ago 3DS ran under DOS, doesn't it?
I almost feel like going back to those pioneering 3D days :-)



Quote:> Hi...

> I want to run 3d studio 4.0 on my pentium III 450 mhz and TNT 2 nvidia
> 3d card.

 
 
 

pharlab.386 needed...

Post by Lizard Head C » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 04:31:39


I still use it, I have a DOS machine setup with all my old DOS apps
like 3dsr4 and Worldbuilder, animator pro etc etc,,,its like taking a
classic car out of the garage and going for a spin,, very relaxing

but then I always have to come back to windows for the real world and
make a buck.

adios


> Seems like ages ago 3DS ran under DOS, doesn't it?
> I almost feel like going back to those pioneering 3D days :-)



> > Hi...

> > I want to run 3d studio 4.0 on my pentium III 450 mhz and TNT 2 nvidia
> > 3d card.


 
 
 

pharlab.386 needed...

Post by Dick Lelyvel » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:14:33


Sounds like a nice thing to have..., you got me started on thinking about it
:-)
Only I remember how much work it was to get a DOS machine up to speed and
performance: a lot of tweaking around with memory managers etc. ...
But I do like the comparison to a classic car!

Dick



Quote:> I still use it, I have a DOS machine setup with all my old DOS apps
> like 3dsr4 and Worldbuilder, animator pro etc etc,,,its like taking a
> classic car out of the garage and going for a spin,, very relaxing

> but then I always have to come back to windows for the real world and
> make a buck.

> adios

 
 
 

pharlab.386 needed...

Post by napp » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 02:37:17


oh my god.. that's like having a bad intestinal flu and revisiting it every
once in a while. I even used to run a net render ... and the machines were
so slow.. and Pharlap.. and video cards.. arrgghhh

I think back on those days with...   ouch..

n

> Sounds like a nice thing to have..., you got me started on thinking about
it
> :-)
> Only I remember how much work it was to get a DOS machine up to speed and
> performance: a lot of tweaking around with memory managers etc. ...
> But I do like the comparison to a classic car!

>*



> > I still use it, I have a DOS machine setup with all my old DOS apps
> > like 3dsr4 and Worldbuilder, animator pro etc etc,,,its like taking a
> > classic car out of the garage and going for a spin,, very relaxing

> > but then I always have to come back to windows for the real world and
> > make a buck.

> > adios

 
 
 

pharlab.386 needed...

Post by skybu » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 01:49:50



> I still use it, I have a DOS machine setup with all my old DOS apps
> like 3dsr4 and Worldbuilder, animator pro etc etc,,,its like taking a
> classic car out of the garage and going for a spin,, very relaxing

> but then I always have to come back to windows for the real world and
> make a buck.

> adios


> > Seems like ages ago 3DS ran under DOS, doesn't it?
> > I almost feel like going back to those pioneering 3D days :-)



> > > Hi...

> > > I want to run 3d studio 4.0 on my pentium III 450 mhz and TNT 2 nvidia
> > > 3d card.

Yeah, Last time I used 3d studio 4.0 I run it on a pentium 166 mhz
which was kinda nice.

Indeed it is very relaxing. It's fast and neat and slick.

I like 2d shaper very much... does anyone know a replacement for it
under windows xp ? :)

I tried 3ds max 2 once... I put a camera at z=0 and it just crashed...
with divide by zero error. bummer.

Also making 2d shapes is hard with 3ds max ?

I moved to my new 'living space' so my pentium 166 is now in pieces at
my parents house, can't use it no more :)

Have to get it over here to use 3ds4 once again :)

Or get 3ds working on xp which would be kinda neat...

 
 
 

pharlab.386 needed...

Post by Skybuck Flyin » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 07:26:45


Thx dude

I have pharlab already

Now I need cfig386.exe :)