Confetti

Post by Darrel Hoffma » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 03:23:41

Anybody know an easy way to make a set of particles have random colors?  I've tried several texture plugins, many of which work for
still shots, but as the particles move, they change color, which is not right.  Each particle should choose a color when spawned and
stay that color.  The only thing I can think of is to create N particle systems with 1/Nth the total number of particles I want and
a different random seed, and give each it's own color, but that just seems like a real hack-job way of doing it, and you have to
create alot of particle systems to get a reasonable range of colors.  It seems like it should be possible with just one system, but
I haven't found a way to do it...

Confetti

Post by Conny Klasso » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 04:13:30

Explode some very dense, different colored, meshes?
Like real confetti.

Conny

Quote:> Anybody know an easy way to make a set of particles have random colors?

I've tried several texture plugins, many of which work for
Quote:> still shots, but as the particles move, they change color, which is not

right.  Each particle should choose a color when spawned and
Quote:> stay that color.  The only thing I can think of is to create N particle

systems with 1/Nth the total number of particles I want and
Quote:> a different random seed, and give each it's own color, but that just seems

like a real hack-job way of doing it, and you have to
Quote:> create alot of particle systems to get a reasonable range of colors.  It

seems like it should be possible with just one system, but
Quote:> I haven't found a way to do it...

Confetti

Post by Darrel Hoffma » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 04:32:13

Quote:> Explode some very dense, different colored, meshes?
> Like real confetti.

...interesting...  I'd never considered NOT using a particle effect for this, though this could also take care of the problem I have
with all the confetti-pieces being the same shape...  I'm currently using 3 Blizzard particle systems just using triangles, circles,
and 6-pointed stars as my shapes.  They move so fast you can't really tell there's only 3 shapes, but when they change color, it is
slightly jarring.  Maybe I'm just being too anal, though.  Anybody but me who looks at it probably won't notice unless I tell them
what to look for...

1. How can I make a confetti effect in PS

Hi everybody,

can someone tell me how I can make a confetti effect in PS like this on this
poster: http://www.winsupersite.com/images/showcase/pdc2005_LA_07.jpg

Thank you!

Marcus

2. Blob Modeler not only for spheres