How to export an AUTOCAD file to 3DSMAX2 ?

How to export an AUTOCAD file to 3DSMAX2 ?

Post by smegg » Sat, 03 Jan 1998 04:00:00

There is a DWG importer available for Max2, whether it works well or not, I
don't know. Try the Kinetix site.

--
Smeggy
Better Smeg than dead!  :]

How to export an AUTOCAD file to 3DSMAX2 ?

Post by Hans » Sun, 04 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

Is there a way to get an AUTOCAD 14 file (18 MB) into 3DSMAX2 ??????

When I try to "export" the file in AUTOCAD my computer hangs ???

Any help is welcom.

How to export an AUTOCAD file to 3DSMAX2 ?

Post by Jess » Thu, 08 Jan 1998 04:00:00

you can save the file in 14 as a dxf like normal and then when you open max
up, you can go to file>import> and then choose .dxf and viola!

> Hello,

> Is there a way to get an AUTOCAD 14 file (18 MB) into 3DSMAX2 ??????

> When I try to "export" the file in AUTOCAD my computer hangs ???

> Any help is welcom.

How to export an AUTOCAD file to 3DSMAX2 ?

Post by Charlie Varne » Sat, 10 Jan 1998 04:00:00

 Have you tried importing it in max?  Save it as an r13 dwg in Autocad (with
another file name) and it should come in ok.  Always works for me.

>Hello,

>Is there a way to get an AUTOCAD 14 file (18 MB) into 3DSMAX2 ??????

>When I try to "export" the file in AUTOCAD my computer hangs ???

>Any help is welcom.

1. exporting .3ds files from Autocad R14

Autocad / Rendering Experts,

I'm exporting .3ds files (.dxf files haven't worked at all) from Autocad
R14 and converting them to .pov files using Crossroads, so that I can
use povray to make pretty pictures of the  Autocad models.  This works
fine except that every part in the model ends up lumped together into
one povray "object".  I need separate objects, so that I can alter each
of their color/texture attributes.

So far, I've tried exporting the pieces one at a time (you have to
choose which pieces of the model you want to export to a .3ds file), but
then I lose the positioning information - each object ends up centered
at (0,0,0).

Any help/suggestions much appreciated!

Cheers,
Jamie

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. OpenGL texture performance on VGX(T)

3. Importing autocad drawings to 3DSMax2

4. FREE Animated Graphics for PERSONAL USE !

5. i want trade plugin for 3dsmax2 - plugin for 3dsmax2.txt (0/1)

6. COpenGLView Class from White Book

7. i want trade plugin for 3dsmax2 - plugin for 3dsmax2.txt (1/1)

8. .SNP format viewable on a Mac ?

9. 3D Max to Autocad / Export tool

10. 3D max to AutoCad / export tool

11. MiniCad.dxf export to AutoCad

12. need to export clean polylines from Max to Autocad

13. Exporting from AutoCAD