Bones Question

Post by André Gall » Tue, 19 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hello !

As part of a project I need to do an animated ant.
The model has 6 legs. Every leg has its own bones-system. Each leg has
its own dummy for animation. In addition to that 5 of the legs interact
to one leg via expressions. So I can do a complete walk-cycle by only
moving one dummy. This works great so far. I have connected the six
bones-systems to one terminator-bone. The terminator-bone is linked with
the body of the ant.
What I want to do is move the ant by moving the terminator-bone and have
the walk-cycle go on. I can't get it to work because the dummys don't
follow the terminator-bone. If I link them to the terminator-bone the
walk-cycle doesn't work anymore.

I know this sounds confusing but I don't really know how to explain it
the easy way. Basically what I want is the object to move and walk.

Any solutions ?

Thanks,
        Andre

Bones Question

Post by Smegg » Tue, 19 Jan 1999 04:00:00

You may be able to do something similar by using an expression to keep the
root bone (or linked dummy) central  to the legs in a similar way to Fred
Ruffs leg expression tutorial
I think the address is
www.ruff-stuff.com

--

Smeggy
Better Smeg than dead :]

For Tutorials, Plugins, Scripts, Maps and Meshes....follow the links below.

http://www.veryComputer.com/
http://www.veryComputer.com/
http://www.veryComputer.com/
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Quote:>Hello !

>As part of a project I need to do an animated ant.
>The model has 6 legs. Every leg has its own bones-system. Each leg has
>its own dummy for animation. In addition to that 5 of the legs interact
>to one leg via expressions. So I can do a complete walk-cycle by only
>moving one dummy. This works great so far. I have connected the six
>bones-systems to one terminator-bone. The terminator-bone is linked with
>the body of the ant.
>What I want to do is move the ant by moving the terminator-bone and have
>the walk-cycle go on. I can't get it to work because the dummys don't
>follow the terminator-bone. If I link them to the terminator-bone the
>walk-cycle doesn't work anymore.

>I know this sounds confusing but I don't really know how to explain it
>the easy way. Basically what I want is the object to move and walk.

>Any solutions ?

>Thanks,
> Andre

Bones Question

Post by André Gall » Wed, 20 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Thanks, that's one step ahead.
Unfortunately the dummys of the other legs still don't follow as they
should.

Greetings,
        Andre

> You may be able to do something similar by using an expression to keep the
> root bone (or linked dummy) central  to the legs in a similar way to Fred
> Ruffs leg expression tutorial
> I think the address is
> www.ruff-stuff.com

Bones Question

Post by David Campasso » Wed, 20 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Can you post the file?
Will help to understand.

1. Biped/Bones Question

Hi, I'm fairly new to using bipeds and bones
I can make the bones and stuff perfectly, but the problem lies when I try to
rotate or resize the model. It completely tears up and disfigures my model.
I don't know what to do.. How am I supposed to make the model face the other
way?
I've tried mirror and stuff. please help,
thanks a lot!

2. Why Does Safe Harbor have two prices?

3. Ik bones question in Max2.5

4. Session on Medical Imaging. TENCON '91.

5. BONES QUESTION

6. Thanks for the FAQ

7. Bones questions

8. Harry Raver's filters