Anyone feel like a challenge?

Post by red.ey » Sun, 18 Nov 2001 20:54:17

This only works if you are using Max4.

Go into your max script help file and type in ActiveX in the search tab.

You will then find a page displaying several different examples of how
ActiveX controls can be written into a max script. Some of these are pretty
cool, such as flash animation and movie files.

At the bottom you will find an example of a Microsoft Listitem table.

My challenge to you:

Find a way of writing parameters into the second column.

If you do I will personally proclaim you a genius!

Brian

Anyone feel like a challenge?

Post by V.Zho - hand-clean the MailTo. » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 20:25:46

Hello...

>Find a way of writing parameters into the second column.

I really do not have the time to try (currently, maybe later) and do
it completely myself, but I can give you a hint...

From Windows programming experience, the "other columns" are called
SubItem(s), they are indexed in a zero-based way, so I suggest you try
something like adding the line :
        li.subItem(1)="Second col."
in the item insertion loop from the sample. The "spelling" (ahem,
syntax) of the subitem thing may need some experimentaion, though.

Quote:>If you do I will personally proclaim you a genius!

Well, that would be very laudable of you, but you need not bother,
since I already know that I am a genious;-)
Moreover, modesty... ouch, my ankles seem to ache ?!

VZ

Anyone feel like a challenge?

Post by red.ey » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 20:58:18

Hi Vz,

Cheers for the advice, the syntax is a real pain in Max Script when dealing
with ActiveX controls.

After pissing about with this for 2 days someone has just told me that there
is a working example of a link list script with max 4.2, so I will have to
go check that out.

I will keep you in mind if I have anyother scripting problems, it is always
handy to know a certified genius. ;)

Thanks again,

Red

> >Find a way of writing parameters into the second column.
> I really do not have the time to try (currently, maybe later) and do
> it completely myself, but I can give you a hint...

> From Windows programming experience, the "other columns" are called
> SubItem(s), they are indexed in a zero-based way, so I suggest you try
> something like adding the line :
> li.subItem(1)="Second col."
> in the item insertion loop from the sample. The "spelling" (ahem,
> syntax) of the subitem thing may need some experimentaion, though.

> >If you do I will personally proclaim you a genius!
> Well, that would be very laudable of you, but you need not bother,
> since I already know that I am a genious;-)
> Moreover, modesty... ouch, my ankles seem to ache ?!

> VZ

> Hello...

> >Find a way of writing parameters into the second column.
> I really do not have the time to try (currently, maybe later) and do
> it completely myself, but I can give you a hint...

> From Windows programming experience, the "other columns" are called
> SubItem(s), they are indexed in a zero-based way, so I suggest you try
> something like adding the line :
> li.subItem(1)="Second col."
> in the item insertion loop from the sample. The "spelling" (ahem,
> syntax) of the subitem thing may need some experimentaion, though.

> >If you do I will personally proclaim you a genius!
> Well, that would be very laudable of you, but you need not bother,
> since I already know that I am a genious;-)
> Moreover, modesty... ouch, my ankles seem to ache ?!

> VZ

1. does anyone feel FW4 is the better web editor

I have been a PS user for about 5 years. I was just wondering where FW4
stands in comparison. It seems that it was designed primarily for web
graphics, and has more tools and functionality than PS which started and
remains the de facto print graphics program.

Any comments on this issue. I have always been impressed with Macromedia's
upgrades as they always seems to add many new and helpful features.

2. Rules for Complex Exponentials Involving sine and cosine?

3. CHALLENGE ANYONE!

4. Manifold test.

5. My Atmosphere look likes chunks of stuff!!

6. Text color & SetBkMode(hdc, transparent)

7. liking video outputs to a all-in-one computer

8. FS: Arcus II scanner

9. seems like god likes to play with hypervoxels3