Blueprints on the net?

Post by Bing » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:53:20

Hello all

I have found some web sites with blueprints for cars, tanks, planes,...
etc,.. but very few sites with blueprints for skyscrapers, or large
buildings.  If you can point me in the right direction, I would be very
appreciative.

Thanks in advance!

Blueprints on the net?

Post by n8 sko » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:16:51

Well, with national security the way it is right now (assuming your in the
U.S.) it's doubtful anyone would want to make such information publicly
available - especially if your looking for well-known buildings...

n8

Quote:> Hello all

> I have found some web sites with blueprints for cars, tanks, planes,...
> etc,.. but very few sites with blueprints for skyscrapers, or large
> buildings.  If you can point me in the right direction, I would be very
> appreciative.

> Thanks in advance!

Blueprints on the net?

Post by Martin Rowle » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:55:08

Not to mention that most architects consider their blueprints to
be copyrighted intellectual property.

Martin

> Well, with national security the way it is right now (assuming your in the
> U.S.) it's doubtful anyone would want to make such information publicly
> available - especially if your looking for well-known buildings...

> n8

> > Hello all

> > I have found some web sites with blueprints for cars, tanks, planes,...
> > etc,.. but very few sites with blueprints for skyscrapers, or large
> > buildings.  If you can point me in the right direction, I would be very
> > appreciative.

> > Thanks in advance!

Blueprints on the net?

Post by Arkla » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 02:43:11

some consider them art as well. i would.

> Not to mention that most architects consider their blueprints to
> be copyrighted intellectual property.

> Martin

> > Well, with national security the way it is right now (assuming your in
the
> > U.S.) it's doubtful anyone would want to make such information publicly
> > available - especially if your looking for well-known buildings...

> > n8

> > > Hello all

> > > I have found some web sites with blueprints for cars, tanks,
planes,...
> > > etc,.. but very few sites with blueprints for skyscrapers, or large
> > > buildings.  If you can point me in the right direction, I would be
very
> > > appreciative.

> > > Thanks in advance!

Blueprints on the net?

Post by RoadKil » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 06:17:08

>some consider them art as well. i would.

>> Not to mention that most architects consider their blueprints to
>> be copyrighted intellectual property.

I think a theif/bank robber would love it too!

In las vegas, blue prints are extremely difficult to get for obvious reasons.  I tried to buy some from the city of las vegas of the strip and the
city told me that I'd have to get a written permission from all the building owners before the city would release the prints.  I said, ok...... I'll
see you in about 20 years.

Blueprints on the net?

Post by Martin Rowle » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 07:22:17

Years ago, back when I was working for a security systems
company (cctv/access control/fire/intercom/etc. systems) as a
service tech/installer, I had to register each year with the
state's board of private investigators and private security
agencies - which included getting my fingerprints recorded. The
powers-that-be like to keep track of people who know these
systems and the buildings they are installed in. I bet there
still is a file on me somewhere because of this.

Martin

> >some consider them art as well. i would.

> >> Not to mention that most architects consider their blueprints to
> >> be copyrighted intellectual property.

> I think a theif/bank robber would love it too!

> In las vegas, blue prints are extremely difficult to get for obvious reasons.  I tried to buy some from the city of las vegas of the strip and the
> city told me that I'd have to get a written permission from all the building owners before the city would release the prints.  I said, ok...... I'll
> see you in about 20 years.

1. Blueprints on the net

I understand those concerns,... perhaps that is why it is so difficult
finding them.  I have found plans for the notre dame church,.. but want
something more current :)
I dont need very detailed blueprints,..simply,... top, side, front ..
profile would do the trick.  :)

2. MODELING WINDOWS 7.01 Alias Animator

3. Simulating Blueprint from B/W Bitmapped file

4. 3D Engine?

5. Technical blueprints - sources?

6. Using GIF wizard to make transparency

7. Nautilus blueprints

8. Help to unlock text

9. looking for BluePrint

10. WTB: MiniCad or Blueprint for Mac