Getting started in lo poly modeling

Post by 3d_D » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 08:27:04

Greetings all.  I was wondering if someone could recommend a good book
on game content creation with 3D Studio.  Most of the books i've read
don't really go into detail about how to use the polygon tools or how
to setup UVs, any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Getting started in lo poly modeling

Post by Blue » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 10:58:53

When and if this book gets published it should be a winner
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556228155/qid=997148731/sr=1-...
sc_b_15/102-6390978-8893733
I sat in at his lecture on lowpoly character modeling at GDC this year, I
believe he worked on quake characters, etc...

good luck

Thomas Blue

"Imagine what you could do...
... if you could do what you imagine." - Blue

Quote:> Greetings all.  I was wondering if someone could recommend a good book
> on game content creation with 3D Studio.  Most of the books i've read
> don't really go into detail about how to use the polygon tools or how
> to setup UVs, any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Getting started in lo poly modeling

Post by Mark Jone » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 05:06:05

 If you purchase 3DS Max 4, it comes with a great tutorial on low-poly modeling.

Quote:> Greetings all.  I was wondering if someone could recommend a good book
> on game content creation with 3D Studio.  Most of the books i've read
> don't really go into detail about how to use the polygon tools or how
> to setup UVs, any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

1. LO-POLY model/texture info/resources?

Hi Folks,

I'm getting ready to upload a totally new version of 3DARK.com next week and doing some last
minute research...

I'm currently looking into any on-line (or off-line) resources featuring information on low
poly count models and texture info as they relate to being used in the gaming industry and
such.

Pointers to tutorials, articles, websites, whatever would be appreciated.  Heck, if you're
interested in creating any of the latter, that would also be great.  I wanna know how the
software you use is being used in the gaming industry.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

--
Zero Z. Batzell Dean | Creator http://www.3DARK.com | ICQ#: 8395879

2. Cheap Scanner

3. Renderama- Australian Competition

4. Firm needs quality web designer for subcontract

5. Help getting started in geometric modeling

6. Upson & Keeler '88

7. poly count in low-poly modeling

8. Line-Poly, Poly-Poly Intersection HELP

9. Getting poly data from 3D files.

10. getting started with a digital darkroom

11. Getting started in Graphic Design books