please need 3d books

Post by marci » Tue, 18 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi I really need some used 3d max books, if anyone has some lying around
would you please e mail me, I really want to learn but I cant afford new
books, Max Fundementals 1 + 2, 3d hollywood effects and such, 3d max f/x and
such no INSIDE type books where all its shows is the features of the
program, just books with tuts.

please need 3d books

Post by bbee » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00

try www.amazon.com;  they have a huge list of Max books.
---

> Hi I really need some used 3d max books, if anyone has some lying around
> would you please e mail me, I really want to learn but I cant afford new
> books, Max Fundementals 1 + 2, 3d hollywood effects and such, 3d max f/x and
> such no INSIDE type books where all its shows is the features of the
> program, just books with tuts.

please need 3d books

Post by Don Smi » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi I really need some used 3d max books, if anyone has some lying around
> would you please e mail me, I really want to learn but I cant afford new
> books, Max Fundementals 1 + 2, 3d hollywood effects and such, 3d max f/x and
> such no INSIDE type books where all its shows is the features of the
> program, just books with tuts.

All the Max books are in one handy page at:
http://www.oneworld-design.com/bstore.html

       Don

1. 3D Programming books (formerly Cameras in 3D, also Good 3D Graphics books)

I too have heard that 3D Computer Graphics by Alan Watt is a good book,
and I will probably purchase it.

The Problem I have with Computer Graphics Principles and Practicies is
that I just do not have the mathematical skills behind me to understand a

lot of the notation used and a lot of things.  I have purchased book on
Linear Algebra, and several on geometry, but they do not help me with
understanding the notation that is used.  I am in Grade 12 of High
School, and an excellent math student, maybe you could recomend a book
that might help me learn some of the notation used in books like this?
This fact has kept me from purchasing 3D Computer Graphics early, but I
guess i'll bite the bullet and get it.

Can anyone else out there recomend good books on either 3D Graphics, or
Mathematics that might help me, and other people out?

See ya later!

-----------------
End Communication

2. comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot FAQ (Frequent Answered Questions)

3. Advice on books needed, please.

4. Why aren't all my fonts showing up in CS?

5. LW 3D Applied Book - Scenes + Objects PLEASE HELP

6. searching fonts, any fonts

7. WTB-Inside Softimage 3d Book Please!?

8. PLEASE NEED HELP WITH ALIEN BLACK BOX FILTER -- I BEG -- PLEASE PLEASE

9. EnumEnhMetaFile Help Needed! (Please Please Please)

10. radiosity-image needed for 3D-book

11. SGI-based 3D/Anim Book being developed: Need Opinions