fix .bip so biped stays above footsteps?

fix .bip so biped stays above footsteps?

Post by bret » Fri, 07 May 1999 04:00:00

I'm having trouble making a biped look real because it keeps placing body
parts below it's footsteps (which should be the ground). I'm using one of
the sample .bip's (gundive actually) and the guy dives into the "ground."
How do I change the .bip so that all his body parts stay above the "ground
plane" all the time?

Thanks,
-brett

fix .bip so biped stays above footsteps?

Post by GrimRepoMa » Sat, 08 May 1999 04:00:00

that's a very....creative approach.
Make sure you aren't using motion blur...

grim

Post by stephen gilber » Sun, 09 May 1999 04:00:00

...move the ground...
link everything to the ground except the biped...
so if you re align the ground the camera moves etc...
just a dumb ass way to get it done...

any better offers...?

stee+catz

>I'm having trouble making a biped look real because it keeps placing body
>parts below it's footsteps (which should be the ground). I'm using one of
>the sample .bip's (gundive actually) and the guy dives into the "ground."
>How do I change the .bip so that all his body parts stay above the "ground
>plane" all the time?

>Thanks,
>-brett

1. Char Studio - footstep BIP question

hi

I've skinned a character onto a biped, and when I apply a BIP file to the
centre of mass diamond the character shoots up and stand on the horizon line

However, when I apply a BIP with footsteps the characters feet lock to the
horizon line, but the character himself is about half a character height
lower than he should be, which makes for some pretty peculiar bendy legs

How do I control the overall position of the character to assume the correct
heights/positions etc - it seems pretty abstract?

Oh, and is it possibly to insert tracks of a biped to get a 'splice' effect,
or do you have to use motion flo' mode and script up your bip's?

Thanks as usual - I've posted this on the Discreet 'users' already - Rusty

2. fli maker for unix

3. Creating footsteps for a biped

4. 'character studio'

5. how to prevent a Biped from jumping to z=0 after loading .bip files

6. CONFIG. PROBLEM with MGA Millennium --- HELPPPPPP

7. Help Selecting and Moving Footsteps and Biped

8. display loop problems on SGI

9. Biped footsteps on a mesh

10. Question: Character Studio, biped footstep path editing

11. Animating a biped without footsteps?

12. Character studio BIP (biped) file format.

13. Staying in fixed coords