Discreet not playing today??

Post by Steve Chal » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 03:46:58

As a mature part-time student I am doing 3D modelling and animation as part
of my course. I managed to get a copy of Gmax off a magazine cover disc but
am unable to get to the Discreet site to register it, so am unable to open
the damn program!!

Any ideas of when the site is gonna be working again?

Is there a way around the registration of Gmax so I can actually start
playing with it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Discreet not playing today??

Post by Martin Rowle » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 04:43:30

I can hit their site.

http://www.discreet.com/products/gmax/register/

Are you using IE? I had to switch to IE (was using Netscape) for
the links to work.

Martin

> As a mature part-time student I am doing 3D modelling and animation as part
> of my course. I managed to get a copy of Gmax off a magazine cover disc but
> am unable to get to the Discreet site to register it, so am unable to open
> the damn program!!

> Any ideas of when the site is gonna be working again?

> Is there a way around the registration of Gmax so I can actually start
> playing with it?

> Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Discreet not playing today??

Post by Jeff Adam » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 05:52:43

Quote:> As a mature part-time student I am doing 3D modelling and animation as
part
> of my course. I managed to get a copy of Gmax off a magazine cover disc
but
> am unable to get to the Discreet site to register it, so am unable to open
> the damn program!!

It sounds to me like you are using 1.1.  It has a known registration bug.
Download 1.2, I beleive that's the latest version.

Jeff

1. Mpegs not playing correctly.... using avi2mpg1

Hi all.

This may be a little off topic, but... I have been trying to use avi2mpg1
(which people told me was good for doing avi to mpg conversions) and I am
finding that the mpeg files are, umm, trying to think of a word, crappy.
Okay, let me elaborate: The frames tend to pause while the sound keeps
going, and you have to manually move the frame slider to somewhere else in
the movie, and then play from there. I know this is not a problem with my
computer, I can play other mpegs off of the net and other places easily
without a hassle. What I was wondering is would hte fact that I am using
different compression for it (I have tried all of them). Do you need to use
full uncompressed frames or something, which generally I just don't have the
room for anymore :( or is it something else?

Thanks
Ryan

2. Save image into file

3. Quicktime not playing MPEG correctly

4. check out my portfolio

5. Irfanview will not play AVI in Double size?

6. MMX support

7. PSP7.04 and XP not playing nice.

8. Trust this message is not playing

9. Lightwave Animation Playing - not enough RAM?

10. Flyer not playing back!