One of the best rendered images ever

Post by TagoMag » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:07:26

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:38:30 +0100, "Doug Ellison"

>> Now THAT is impressive...  if I hadn't known what I was looking at, I
>would
>> have assumed that most of those were photos (like all the fruit pics,
>> furniture, the b&w pic, etc).  They weren't flashy cool computer graphics,
>> but those would more or less be able to compete as pure photography (if
>you
>> ignore the source).

>My best brazil effort is http://www.djellison.plus.com/neb_ren_01.jpg  and
>http://www.djellison.plus.com/neb_ren_02.jpg

>Had it not been for the low poly model ( destined for Cult 3D as it
>happens ) - could nearly pass for a photo

>Doug

thats pretty cool....

Roberto, the image you linked to is ok ...

The one thing i think is wrong with it is that the shadow of the chair
(blurred) doesnt match the shadow of the skylight (very sharp).
Wouldnt it be the other way round?......

If they matched more or there wasnt such a dramatic difference between
them it would look even nicer.

As everyone has mentioned to there is a lot of very very good work
around these days.
checkout this link for instance:
http://www.cgarchitect.com/gallery/galleryList.asp

some great stuff here, always inspiring if a little commercial
(obviously)

Post by Everett Hicke » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:18:58

> > Now THAT is impressive...  if I hadn't known what I was looking at, I
> would
> > have assumed that most of those were photos (like all the fruit pics,
> > furniture, the b&w pic, etc).  They weren't flashy cool computer
graphics,
> > but those would more or less be able to compete as pure photography (if
> you
> > ignore the source).

> My best brazil effort is http://www.djellison.plus.com/neb_ren_01.jpg  and
> http://www.djellison.plus.com/neb_ren_02.jpg

> Had it not been for the low poly model ( destined for Cult 3D as it
> happens ) - could nearly pass for a photo

Good God now I want this program...  and you'd have to look pretty close to
verify that that wasn't a photo (give it some reflection using a picture of
a room (or nearby objects if you consider a photo cheating), scuff and
scratch it up a bit, and it probably would pass anything but extended
examination.