One of the best rendered images ever

Post by Arkla » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 02:53:48

man... if thats the best you have seen... you need to get out more. the
thing looks like its floating.

Quote:> published as "spot on the pic"

> http://www.splashchallenge.com

One of the best rendered images ever

Post by Robert » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 02:48:21

I have write one of the best.

But... why for you the image seems to be float?

Think about the light the floor and the material.

> man... if thats the best you have seen... you need to get out more. the
> thing looks like its floating.

> > published as "spot on the pic"

> > http://www.splashchallenge.com

One of the best rendered images ever

Post by alla » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 02:53:35

it looks like it's floating because it is about 1 inch above the ground
plane LOL, I really like the shadows on this though, is it a modeled
skylight or an image map?

> I have write one of the best.

> But... why for you the image seems to be float?

> Think about the light the floor and the material.

> > man... if thats the best you have seen... you need to get out more. the
> > thing looks like its floating.

> > > published as "spot on the pic"

> > > http://www.splashchallenge.com

One of the best rendered images ever

Post by Robert » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:09:36

Is an image map.
The material are procedural shading.

To place the lc4 1 inch down I have to ask the artist to
create some hole on the floor.

Post by Doug Elliso » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:23:23

Quote:> published as "spot on the pic"

> http://www.splashchallenge.com

THE very best stuff I've seen is the Brazil gallery at Splutterfish.com

Doug

One of the best rendered images ever

Post by Robert » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:46:23

REALLY GREAT!!!!

but is not "No profit"

> > published as "spot on the pic"

> > http://www.splashchallenge.com

> THE very best stuff I've seen is the Brazil gallery at Splutterfish.com

> Doug

One of the best rendered images ever

Post by Everett Hicke » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:35:32

Now THAT is impressive...  if I hadn't known what I was looking at, I would
have assumed that most of those were photos (like all the fruit pics,
furniture, the b&w pic, etc).  They weren't flashy cool computer graphics,
but those would more or less be able to compete as pure photography (if you
ignore the source).

> > published as "spot on the pic"

> > http://www.splashchallenge.com

> THE very best stuff I've seen is the Brazil gallery at Splutterfish.com

> Doug

One of the best rendered images ever

Post by Doug Elliso » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:38:30

Quote:> Now THAT is impressive...  if I hadn't known what I was looking at, I
would
> have assumed that most of those were photos (like all the fruit pics,
> furniture, the b&w pic, etc).  They weren't flashy cool computer graphics,
> but those would more or less be able to compete as pure photography (if
you
> ignore the source).

My best brazil effort is http://www.djellison.plus.com/neb_ren_01.jpg  and
http://www.djellison.plus.com/neb_ren_02.jpg

Had it not been for the low poly model ( destined for Cult 3D as it
happens ) - could nearly pass for a photo

Doug

Post by Brizo » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:52:53

| imho is not so simple to find out other images realistic like this...

oh?

www.raph.com  :)

sorry man, but like the others say, if you call it one of the best rendered
images your just asking for trouble, you should have said it was crap, you'd
have got much nicer replies, human nature I suppose :)