Matrox Millennium II driver

Matrox Millennium II driver

Post by Duncan Gallimor » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00



Does anyone know where I can get a driver for 3D Studio Max 2.5 for my
Millennium II ?

Thanks,  Dunk

 
 
 

Matrox Millennium II driver

Post by Bill Anderso » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00


There are no special drivers for the Millenium II and Max. You will have
to use the software rendering option, since the MIllenium II has no 3D
acceleration in hardware anyway.


> Does anyone know where I can get a driver for 3D Studio Max 2.5 for my
> Millennium II ?

> Thanks,  Dunk

--
Bill Anderson
* Hoof
www.*hoof.com
* remove the damage from my brain for email responses *

 
 
 

Matrox Millennium II driver

Post by Ian Skinne » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00


I don't think they make one , The only drivers i know of are for Acad
R12 &13 and 3DStudio R3 & R4 in DOS !! i just looked yester day for the
Dynaview Cad drivers .. it seems that MATROX is not interested at all in
supporting MAX/Kenetics and now the they are involved with Discreet
Logic . it' seems odd they would not ??


> Does anyone know where I can get a driver for 3D Studio Max 2.5 for my
> Millennium II ?

> Thanks,  Dunk

--
...IAN SKINNER
...EGO A.D.
...ON. CAN.
...Animation & Post Production
...Output services available
...egoad.on.ca
**************************************************
...NOTICE TO BULK EMAILER(S) and Chiba Monkeys:
...Pursuant to US Code,
...Title 47, Chapter 5,
...Subchapter II, 227, any and all unsolicited
...commercial e-mail & useless drivel sent to
...this address is subject to a download and
...archival fee in the amount
...of $500 US(yeah like that will ever happen)
...a boot to the head
...caber in the skull  
...and other sundrie nasties.....
 
 
 

Matrox Millennium II driver

Post by Nick Falb » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00



>I don't think they make one , The only drivers i know of are for Acad
>R12 &13 and 3DStudio R3 & R4 in DOS !! i just looked yester day for the
>Dynaview Cad drivers .. it seems that MATROX is not interested at all in
>supporting MAX/Kenetics and now the they are involved with Discreet
>Logic . it' seems odd they would not ??

ummm...isn't Discreet Logic and Kinetix now one and the same?  MAX 3 will
probably be made by "Discreet."


>There are no special drivers for the Millenium II and Max. You will have
>to use the software rendering option, since the MIllenium II has no 3D
>acceleration in hardware anyway.

This was copied from the drivers section from the matrox website:

"3DS MAX driver for NT 4.0 Version1.0.  This is the 3D Studio Max
(HEIDI)driver for NT
4.0. You must use this driver in conjunction with the NT 4.0 driver Rev 3.00
greater. This driver does not work with NT 3.51. For Millennium, Millennium
II, Mystique and Mystique 220."

has anyone tried these drivers for MAX?  Do they do anything?

-Nick Falbo

 
 
 

Matrox Millennium II driver

Post by Ian Skinne » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00


what was meant by that DL/KTX thing is that MATROX builds a DS version
for DL flame . DS only works with MATROX gfx cards and now that KTX is
part of DL , there is a strong connection there . ( the Quebec thing
...) AND ! where the hell were those drivers hiding ?? i looked all over
for them and found nothing , even did an in site search .. i really hope
KTX does not fall into the " Quebec black hole " and pick up the bad
habit and lousy service of SI , MATROX and DL ....  



> >I don't think they make one , The only drivers i know of are for Acad
> >R12 &13 and 3DStudio R3 & R4 in DOS !! i just looked yester day for the
> >Dynaview Cad drivers .. it seems that MATROX is not interested at all in
> >supporting MAX/Kenetics and now the they are involved with Discreet
> >Logic . it' seems odd they would not ??

> ummm...isn't Discreet Logic and Kinetix now one and the same?  MAX 3 will
> probably be made by "Discreet."


> >There are no special drivers for the Millenium II and Max. You will have
> >to use the software rendering option, since the MIllenium II has no 3D
> >acceleration in hardware anyway.

> This was copied from the drivers section from the matrox website:

> "3DS MAX driver for NT 4.0 Version1.0.  This is the 3D Studio Max
> (HEIDI)driver for NT
> 4.0. You must use this driver in conjunction with the NT 4.0 driver Rev 3.00
> greater. This driver does not work with NT 3.51. For Millennium, Millennium
> II, Mystique and Mystique 220."

> has anyone tried these drivers for MAX?  Do they do anything?

> -Nick Falbo

--
...IAN SKINNER
...EGO A.D.
...ON. CAN.
...Animation & Post Production
...Output services available
...egoad.on.ca
**************************************************
...NOTICE TO BULK EMAILER(S) and Chiba Monkeys:
...Pursuant to US Code,
...Title 47, Chapter 5,
...Subchapter II, 227, any and all unsolicited
...commercial e-mail & useless drivel sent to
...this address is subject to a download and
...archival fee in the amount
...of $500 US(yeah like that will ever happen)
...a boot to the head
...caber in the skull  
...and other sundrie nasties.....
 
 
 

Matrox Millennium II driver

Post by Nick Falb » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00


Quote:>...) AND ! where the hell were those drivers hiding ?? i looked all over
>for them and found nothing , even did an in site search ..

scroll down at this page:
http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/latest_drivers/ftp_mill2_wnt.htm

What I'm interested in is whether or not those HEIDI drivers will work for
the G200.  It's not listed, but it is part of the Millenium family.

-Nick Falbo

 
 
 

Matrox Millennium II driver

Post by Ian Skinne » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00


I know someone who tried the Dynaview Autocad with their G200 and his
machine bit him ..?? ergo, the card really didn't like to play that game
with that Mellennium II drivers , but give it a go , love to hear about
the results ..:)


> >...) AND ! where the hell were those drivers hiding ?? i looked all over
> >for them and found nothing , even did an in site search ..

> scroll down at this page:
> http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/latest_drivers/ftp_mill2_wnt.htm

> What I'm interested in is whether or not those HEIDI drivers will work for
> the G200.  It's not listed, but it is part of the Millenium family.

> -Nick Falbo

--
...IAN SKINNER
...EGO A.D.
...ON. CAN.
...Animation & Post Production
...Output services available
...egoad.on.ca
**************************************************
...NOTICE TO BULK EMAILER(S) and Chiba Monkeys:
...Pursuant to US Code,
...Title 47, Chapter 5,
...Subchapter II, 227, any and all unsolicited
...commercial e-mail & useless drivel sent to
...this address is subject to a download and
...archival fee in the amount
...of $500 US(yeah like that will ever happen)
...a boot to the head
...caber in the skull  
...and other sundrie nasties.....
 
 
 

1. Matrox Millennium II

Hello,
can you tell me something about this board?
Is it useful with 3dsmax or lightwave?
Does it speed up rendering?
What does it support ( openGl, HEIDI, ...)?

Thank you in advance.
Bye,
Dome

--

http://members.it.tripod.de/beelsoft/

2. Bugs in 3.01?

3. Matrox Millennium II Woes

4. Q: What are the best books on..

5. About Matrox Millennium II

6. TBitmap

7. Matrox Millennium II performance with lightwave?

8. GraphicConverter file size

9. OpenGL with Matrox Millennium II

10. Matrox Millennium II performance with LightWave.

11. heidi driver matrox millennium & win95

12. heidi driver from matrox millennium & win95

13. Matrox Millennium HEIDI Drivers !