Import of .3DMF files

Post by the unknown internet use » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 06:12:53

Is there a plugin which lets me import .3dmf files into MAX? I have been
searching the internet and not been able to find one. There must be one out
there somewhere. All I have been able to find so far is a conversion tool
that turns them into .T3D files and I cant find an import tool for that
either. Thanks.

Import of .3DMF files

Post by Martin Rowle » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:24:29

Quote:

> Is there a plugin which lets me import .3dmf files into MAX? I have been
> searching the internet and not been able to find one. There must be one out
> there somewhere. All I have been able to find so far is a conversion tool
> that turns them into .T3D files and I cant find an import tool for that
> either. Thanks.

Not sure if you can - but I thought I might mention that
sometimes these .3dmf files are imported under diffrent file
extensions by diffrent programs.

Poser 4 exports/imports them as *.3mf files, Infini-D uses *.3dm
files - all of which are the same file format, you just have to
change the extension to make the files work in both programs.

You might try one of the file conversion programs and see if you
can convert the files to something max can read. See if the demo
of Deep|Exploration will let you do that - it says that it can
import 3D Metafiles.

www.righthemisphere.com/products/dexp/formats.htm

Martin

Import of .3DMF files

Post by Vinc » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:15:13

Quote:> Is there a plugin which lets me import .3dmf files into MAX? I have been
> searching the internet and not been able to find one. There must be one
out
> there somewhere. All I have been able to find so far is a conversion tool
> that turns them into .T3D files and I cant find an import tool for that
> either. Thanks.

Another Converter that lists .3dmf support is Polytrans by Okino, but it is
rather costly.  Have a look here: http://www.okino.com/

Vince

Import of .3DMF files

Post by the unknown internet use » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:28:55

I tried poser, but although it said it could import 3dmf files, when I
tried in crashed. I looked for infini-D or Carrara as it now seems to be
known and that wouldnt import. Finally I tried the deep exploration and
it worked! Unfortunatley though I got a 30 day time limited demo, so I
better get converting all the files I need before it runs out.

>> Is there a plugin which lets me import .3dmf files into MAX? I have
>> been searching the internet and not been able to find one. There must
>> be one out there somewhere. All I have been able to find so far is a
>> conversion tool that turns them into .T3D files and I cant find an
>> import tool for that either. Thanks.

> Not sure if you can - but I thought I might mention that
> sometimes these .3dmf files are imported under diffrent file
> extensions by diffrent programs.

> Poser 4 exports/imports them as *.3mf files, Infini-D uses *.3dm
> files - all of which are the same file format, you just have to
> change the extension to make the files work in both programs.

> You might try one of the file conversion programs and see if you
> can convert the files to something max can read. See if the demo
> of Deep|Exploration will let you do that - it says that it can
> import 3D Metafiles.

> www.righthemisphere.com/products/dexp/formats.htm

> Martin

Import of .3DMF files

Post by stefke » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 22:11:47

I have used a freeware 3dmf convertor that I have used to turn them into
VRML files which VIZ/max can read.

http://www.crispen.org/src/ (open source and free)

Quote:> Is there a plugin which lets me import .3dmf files into MAX? I have been
> searching the internet and not been able to find one. There must be one
out
> there somewhere. All I have been able to find so far is a conversion tool
> that turns them into .T3D files and I cant find an import tool for that
> either. Thanks.

1. How to import 3dmf file format?

I am trying to import a file that was modeled in InfiniD and am not having
any luck. Anyone have any ideas how I could go about getting the file into
Max 3 or Autocad 14? The DXF export option does not seem to work properly on
the program and I get an error message when I try to import it that way.
Thanks in advance,

Jason Lowe

2. Question??

3. 3dmf import

4. VB5 and Microsoft Transaction Server Seminar

5. Design Workshop 3dmf.sit file format

6. Help----Outputing to 35mm slide

7. Problem with 3DMF file versions

8. Controlling video frames

9. Need 3DMF Files

10. 3dmf files and strata studio 1.75blitz

11. Problem with 3DMF file versions

12. 3DS/3DMF File Parser cross-platform code for OpenGL

13. Import 3d shape files/VRML files?