set pivot point with max-script!

Post by Thomas Heimrot » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 01:40:51

How can I set the pivot point of an object in the middle of an selected
object within max-script, because most of pivot of objects is not in the

middle of an object.

Thank you for help. Thomas

set pivot point with max-script!

Post by Blue » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 10:19:15

This takes the pivot of an object named "A" and places it in the center of
the selected object.

--code--
$A.pivot = $.center
--end code--

--breakdown--
$A
--    get object(s) named "A"
.pivot
--    place pivot property
= $
--    at the selected's
.center
--    center property

good luck

Thomas Blue

"Imagine what you could do...
... if you could do what you imagine." - Blue

Quote:> How can I set the pivot point of an object in the middle of an selected
> object within max-script, because most of pivot of objects is not in the

> middle of an object.

> Thank you for help. Thomas

set pivot point with max-script!

Post by phla » Sat, 21 Jul 2001 08:41:19

I hate when someone never thanks you for your help.
So I'll do it for him ...
Thank you Blue  !!
:))

phlam

> This takes the pivot of an object named "A" and places it in the center of
> the selected object.

> --code--
> $A.pivot = $.center
> --end code--

> --breakdown--
> $A
> --    get object(s) named "A"
> .pivot
> --    place pivot property
> = $
> --    at the selected's
> .center
> --    center property

> good luck

> Thomas Blue

> "Imagine what you could do...
> ... if you could do what you imagine." - Blue

> > How can I set the pivot point of an object in the middle of an selected
> > object within max-script, because most of pivot of objects is not in the

> > middle of an object.

> > Thank you for help. Thomas

set pivot point with max-script!

Post by Blue » Sat, 21 Jul 2001 10:41:21

I appreciate it.

Thomas Blue

"Imagine what you could do...
... if you could do what you imagine." - Blue

set pivot point with max-script!

Post by Frère Orphé » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 05:34:19

do you? I hate when they thank, I feel like they take away sth from me when they
do!

--

Lex legis
Organisation pour un monde plus optionnel

set pivot point with max-script!

Post by Koote » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 00:20:23

Why should I bother to reply if no one appreciates the effort?

> do you? I hate when they thank, I feel like they take away sth from me
when they
> do!

> > I hate when someone never thanks you for your help.
> > So I'll do it for him ...
> > Thank you Blue  !!
> > :))

> > phlam

> > > This takes the pivot of an object named "A" and places it in the
center of
> > > the selected object.

> > > --code--
> > > $A.pivot = $.center
> > > --end code--

> > > --breakdown--
> > > $A
> > > --    get object(s) named "A"
> > > .pivot
> > > --    place pivot property
> > > = $
> > > --    at the selected's
> > > .center
> > > --    center property

> > > good luck

> > > Thomas Blue

> > > "Imagine what you could do...
> > > ... if you could do what you imagine." - Blue

the

> --

> Lex legis
> Organisation pour un monde plus optionnel
> En ce moment
> Orphe - Johanne
> http://www.491.org/projets/mmm/rphee-jo

set pivot point with max-script!

Post by Frère Orphé » Sat, 11 Aug 2001 00:53:41

They do apreciate, be sure of that! (and telling all their friends that
newsgroups are a blessing... ! :)

> Why should I bother to reply if no one appreciates the effort?

> > do you? I hate when they thank, I feel like they take away sth from me
> when they
> > do!

> > > I hate when someone never thanks you for your help.
> > > So I'll do it for him ...
> > > Thank you Blue  !!
> > > :))

> > > phlam

> center of

> selected
> the

> > --

> > Lex legis
> > Organisation pour un monde plus optionnel
> > En ce moment
> > Orphe - Johanne
> > http://www.491.org/projets/mmm/rphee-jo

--

Lex legis
Organisation pour un monde plus optionnel
En ce moment
Orphe - Johanne
http://www.491.org/projets/mmm/rphee-jo

set pivot point with max-script!

Post by Koote » Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:35:23

To me, a simple 'thank you' when someone does something for you is just
common courtesy.  No matter how large or how small the task  I'm not some
animated help file that you just push a button on and get answers out of.
If I'm going to give someone the benefit of the knowledge that it took
months or years to accumulate I feel that expecting him or her to type 9
characters and hit the send key isn't too much to ask.

> They do apreciate, be sure of that! (and telling all their friends that
> newsgroups are a blessing... ! :)

> > Why should I bother to reply if no one appreciates the effort?

> > > do you? I hate when they thank, I feel like they take away sth from me
> > when they
> > > do!

> > center of

> > selected
> > the

> > > --

> > > Lex legis
> > > Organisation pour un monde plus optionnel
> > > En ce moment
> > > Orphe - Johanne
> > > http://www.491.org/projets/mmm/rphee-jo

> --

> Lex legis
> Organisation pour un monde plus optionnel
> En ce moment
> Orphe - Johanne
> http://www.491.org/projets/mmm/rphee-jo

set pivot point with max-script!

Post by Frère Orphé » Sat, 11 Aug 2001 07:21:39

exactly, its not even enough at all, I think a helpfull answer is worth cash,
and "thank you" isnt worth the typing, just like being underpaid isnt worth the
time, you'd better prefer being a saint to a slave!

> To me, a simple 'thank you' when someone does something for you is just
> common courtesy.  No matter how large or how small the task  I'm not some
> animated help file that you just push a button on and get answers out of.
> If I'm going to give someone the benefit of the knowledge that it took
> months or years to accumulate I feel that expecting him or her to type 9
> characters and hit the send key isn't too much to ask.

> > They do apreciate, be sure of that! (and telling all their friends that
> > newsgroups are a blessing... ! :)

> > > Why should I bother to reply if no one appreciates the effort?

> > > when they

> > > center of

> > > selected
> not in
> > > the

> > --

> > Lex legis
> > Organisation pour un monde plus optionnel
> > En ce moment
> > Orphe - Johanne
> > http://www.491.org/projets/mmm/rphee-jo

--

Lex legis
Organisation pour un monde plus optionnel
En ce moment
Orphe - Johanne
http://www.491.org/projets/mmm/rphee-jo

1. Multiple Pivot Points In Max

Is it possible to have multiple pivot points on a single object?   I make
presentations for customers showing my company's machinery.  I am trying to
animate what is basically a scissor lift table.
Any help would be appreciated.  I can't find any reference to it in the
manuals which leads me to believe it can't be done.

2. Req: Win 95 Driver for Genius digitizer Tablet

3. Chosing N from a set of M points (max distance)

4. Dynamic Lightmaps

5. auto-set pivot?

6. OXYGEN 102 price

7. Set of balls (or even better blobs) enclosing a 3d set of points

8. Animators required

9. Pivot Point

10. Problem with moving pivot point...

11. Newbie: Problem using Affect Pivot point for Rotating around objects XYZ

12. object gets deformed when rotating its pivot point??